PDA

View Full Version : Vafc2 reset

Adrian Euro
05-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Hi everyone i need some help. My battery went flat and i had to jump start my car. Now My VAFC2 has be tuned to change from low to high cam at 5600 rpm and from high to low at 5300rpm.

Usually you are able to hear the change in tune through the intake when the cams change and you can feel the change.

Since i jumped start my car yesterday you can no longer hear or feel the change. When your in second and it reaches those settings you can feel and hear.

Is there a solution for this problem? Any help would be great. Thanks.

TODA AU
05-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone i need some help. My battery went flat and i had to jump start my car. Now My VAFC2 has be tuned to change from low to high cam at 5600 rpm and from high to low at 5300rpm.

Usually you are able to hear the change in tune through the intake when the cams change and you can feel the change.

Since i jumped start my car yesterday you can no longer hear or feel the change. When your in second and it reaches those settings you can feel and hear.

Is there a solution for this problem? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Unless the unit was initialized, it should have retained it's memory.
Take the car to a dyno shop & have it checked,
It'll show up pretty quickly if it's working or not then you can decide what to do.

EuroAccord13
05-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Are you saying that you cannot hear the changeover in first gear anymore?

The VAFCii has EEPROM memory so it shouldn't lose it's setting.

Access the VTo (from memory) setting and see if the L-H changeover is still set at 5600RPM.

Adrian Euro
05-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Are you saying that you cannot hear the changeover in first gear anymore?

The VAFCii has EEPROM memory so it shouldn't lose it's setting.

Access the VTo (from memory) setting and see if the L-H changeover is still set at 5600RPM.

Yeah the settings are still saved but yes you are correct i cant hear or feel the change over. I am quite certain that there is actually no change over. Well not as noticable as the other gears. Or as noticable as previously before the jump start.

ope126
05-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Might be a bit left field and may not have anything to do with the i-vtec cam phasing; however;

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2028002#post2028002

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102189&highlight=euro+battery

You might need to get the idle re-learned.
It might have a greater effect on the overall performance of the car than we might think!

Quest
06-12-2008, 01:58 AM
Hi everyone i need some help. My battery went flat and i had to jump start my car.

BTW : I was told (Local HONDA Dealership)when I had to jumpstart my car, that you had to put another circuit on.....eg. park lights or you can damage the ECU....Is there any truth to this?....sorry to stray away from the topic