PDA

View Full Version : [MELB] Window Tinting & Paint Protection

tqt
29-01-2009, 05:30 AM
For those CU2 owners out there, where did you guys get your windows tinted ? What is the legal darkest tint? How much did you get quoted for the tint job?

Do you think it's worth to get paint protection? Where did you get this done? How much?

traumatized
29-01-2009, 07:55 AM
not sure about prices but to answer some of your questions

- darkest legal tint is 35%

- paint protection is is not required if you intend to detail your car on a regular basis, modern sealants last about 6months depending on where you park during the day and nights. So that is twice a year which is really much.

personally i don't think paint protection is worth the money unless you get it thrown in for free

which ever path your take whether to go with paint protection or not just remember to use a pH balanced car wash solution so it does not strip off the paint protection or sealant/wax you applied.

Crapdaz
29-01-2009, 10:52 AM
tints depends where you go can range from $200 - $500

tqt
29-01-2009, 02:09 PM
any ideas where is the best place in melb to get a tint job? thanks!

yourfather
29-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Paint protection is a scam

dilanja
29-01-2009, 05:13 PM
G'day Mate,

When I was purchasing my CU2 I was thinking about getting the window tinting done. I asked them (Courtney and Patterson, Heidelberg) for a quote.

I got a price of $250 + GST. I thought that was a really good deal plus it was from a dealer as well. The tint professor gave me a quote of $275.

This was for the darkest legal tint and life time warranty on the job.

With this extreme heat I think I'll probably get it done in the next few days.

Good luck

Atjo
30-01-2009, 01:37 PM
I can recommend a person who can do tinted window for $170 for a sedan. He works for a dealer in daytime so you can do your window tinting after hour on weekdays or weekend. He's using Lluma window film and he has 30%, 20% & 5%. I'm using 20% for my Odyssey.