PDA

View Full Version : How to install 4 point strut bar - ultra racing

kcokla
22-02-2009, 04:07 PM
how to install?
correct me if im wrong but i suspect its the following
;
take out seats
take out door trims (how do i do this, rear, not door trims i guess but wall trims that reach to the back)

put the thing in
and then place everything back?

Lukey
22-02-2009, 04:20 PM
should be held on with clips?

kcokla
22-02-2009, 04:21 PM
bumpa

siir
23-02-2009, 10:26 AM
there should be a separation plastic clips from the "seats area" and "the boot/back" in clips tho... afaik - from my memory... and careful wif the clips they are quite fragile.. dont force too hard or rip it out... :) i think there are some screw too - the plastics ones on the boot area.. hope that hellps..

kcokla
23-02-2009, 10:35 AM
already knew that part, but the bolts are pretty low, does this mean i gotta take off the entire side trims to put it in ?because right now the plastic trim parts on the walls of the eg are stopping the strut bar from going to where ur describing
ontop of that there are 2 floor points which i beleive go under aswell
just looking for confirmation and if i can have the walls on my eg back on after installation?

e240
23-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Are you talking about the 4 point rear tower struts?

In which case, you don't have to take out the rear seats. If you are stripping the rear out completely, it should be pretty straightforward but if you are keeping the stock look, with the panels and floor board, then you may have to do some trimming.

Keeping the stock panels
1) Observe the top of the tower strust and take measurements if you need to trim the plastic panel above the tower struts (In most cases, you do)
2) Remove the lower trunk panel and the install the strut bar, bolting it securely in place at the top of the towers.
3) at the lower extensions, drill a couple of small guide holes where you're supposed to bolt it down (make sure the size of the drilled hole is smaller than the self tapping screws provided)
4) Bolt the self tapping screws in.
5) Measure and trim the floor board and carpet as required.

Time needed.. <1hr.

kcokla
23-02-2009, 01:06 PM
thanks,
very helpful

so from my understand it is essential i drill into the chassis to bolt in the strut bar as the 2 lower points needs it?
thanks

e240
23-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Yes - You can try to bolt the Self Tapping without drilling, but in my experience, drilling guide holes will make it a whole lot easier.

kcokla
23-02-2009, 01:43 PM
thanks
very very helpful,

now im just unsure if i want to drill into chassis at all,

even if i bolt it with self tapping it will put new holes into chassis!

any feedback on this issue?
will i be risking anything?
will i be losing out on anytihng? will i risk damaging things in the long run (chassis)

e240
23-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Nope, that the only easy way to bolt the bottom legs onto the chassis.
The other way is to weld it down.

If you don't bolt the bottom legs down, it won't be that much of a use.

kcokla
23-02-2009, 01:57 PM
do i risk anything by bolting into chassis
in terms of chassis not strut bar

e240
23-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Nah, i don't think so - The roles are so small.
If anything, you're already reinforcing it by mounting the strut.
I would coat some paint on it though to address potential rust from the drilling.

kcokla
23-02-2009, 02:57 PM
thanks heaps
uve made it alot easier for me!

zel05
23-02-2009, 05:44 PM
lol...4 point rear strut brace for sale

siir
01-03-2009, 09:20 PM
use some washers bro :D