PDA

View Full Version : Tuner having issues fitting the sl4-650 RC Injectors on my b16a

FastFwd
02-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Anyone fit these before? or had issues? ive read up on the net and some people have had some problems installing them but there is no real help on the install bar from the install manual.

They originally thought they were the wrong injectors but after getting the model number and doing some research the RC sl4-650 injectors are meant to fit in my b16a2.

Any help would be much appreciated.

bennjamin
02-04-2009, 08:17 PM
possibly OBD1 injectors. Slightly different clips....you can fix by either swapping over some other OBD1 harness clips to suit then just cut n solder the correct wires - or get the right ones.

tct
02-04-2009, 08:20 PM
i have rc 550 injectors on my dc2 they wouldnt fit into the stock clips. went to autobarn and they supplied me with different clips then just solder and stuff like ben said

Tien

DLO01
02-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Problems fitting in what way? As said by others you may need to change clips. With new rubbers the injectors should fit straight in the manifold. Mine were a tight fit, but had no problems with them. I also had to solder on new clips. :thumbsup:

lil_foy
02-04-2009, 09:26 PM
i have rc 550 injectors on my dc2 they wouldnt fit into the stock clips. went to autobarn and they supplied me with different clips then just solder and stuff like ben said

Tien

You turboed the dc man?

Pm me pics!

FastFwd
03-04-2009, 12:21 PM
The wiring isnt the problem they are having its more fitting the actual injector into the manifold which is the problem. People in the US have had similar issues which i have read some info on but there isnt any info on what people did to fix the issue.

The injectors were apparently unused. I bought them off a guy on here and he said he installed them and never got around to completing the project so he removed them and sold em. They look pretty much brand new tho.

Hyperdrive are saying there sitting a bit high and they arnt sitting flush on the manifold like the stock ones. They were going to give me the car back after they found that they didnt fit but i ended up looking around on the net and the sl4-650's are meant for any H, B, D series and some K series apparently so i got them to try again and they said they have sorta bashed them in but they will be fitting the pump and stuff this arvo so until then they wont know if they are going to leak or not.

FastFwd
04-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Injector issue fixed....

DLO01
04-04-2009, 08:27 PM
And the solution? They just bolted them down? I know mine were nice an firm, but not a problem at all.

FastFwd
05-04-2009, 01:59 AM
And the solution? They just bolted them down? I know mine were nice an firm, but not a problem at all.

yeh i probably should take a picture for future issues people may have. I will take one when i get the chance but they look like they sit 4mm out of the manifold. It looks like they arnt all the way in but they are.

They were a bitch to get in so you really dont know how much further to push them until they stop.

DLO01
05-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Just found a photo of mine:

You only need to push them in as far as you need to go. The rubber that it sits in will hold it in. The fuel rail will push it down as far as it needs. No problem at all. I put a film of oil in between the rubber and injector so when I bolted the rail down it slid as far as it needed to go. Get me?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/DLO01/Misc/ResizeofDSC01757.jpg

bennjamin
05-04-2009, 08:39 AM
yup never FORCE the injector into the fuel rail or manifold itself. It can splay or split the rubber O rings either end and cause leaks.

Benson
05-04-2009, 10:43 AM
grease it up!

FastFwd
05-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Yeh guys we actually did grease that sheet up....but it was still a real mission to get in. alot of guys in the US were having the same issues. Oh well im glad they are in now. thanks all