PDA

View Full Version : Help With Clutch Free Play

Toilet
09-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Hey guys, in my dc2 I've recently picked up on this annoying issue where my clutch free play length has somewhat increased. I'm not sure if im imagining it or whether it's for real.

Sorry if I sound confusing guys.
So to explain the situation in my own words -
The free play length used to be like 1/2 an inch or so I'd say, but now it feels like a good 1-2inch. My clutch still feels nice and firm as usual after this 1-2inch of the clutch being depressed, and it still has that resistance that I'm comfortable with.

However, when I drive the car and change gears, as I disengage the clutch again and as my foot goes off the clutch pedal, that free play is so annoying because it feels sloppy and flickery at the end as my foot is taken off the clutch. It just doesn't feel firm at the end and it kinda sticks to my foot as I take my foot off the clutch. Almost as if I had worn thongs and the thong got caught on the clutch on the way out.
It just feels too loose, for too long :(

So did anyone understand that? lol
I'm just wondering if I could somehow re-adjust that free play because it's doing my head in.
Thanks for reading,
erik. :D

duckey
09-06-2009, 11:23 PM
probably need to bleed the clutch..

Rice_banger
09-06-2009, 11:32 PM
ya as duckey stated

but what would cause air to get in an air leak of course

cheek under neath the clutch pedal for any fluid and on the slave cylinder on the gear box there's a rubber boot inside there