PDA

View Full Version : ABS fluid?

insanesam
22-06-2009, 01:47 AM
In the service book it says at 60000km u need to change brake fluid which includes abs fluid. how do i change abs fluid?

aaronng
22-06-2009, 11:28 AM
The brake fluid acts as the ABS fluid as the Euro uses a low pressure ABS system. So replacing the brake fluid will also change the ABS fluid at the same time.

MiSloVic
24-06-2009, 03:42 PM
after changing the brake fluid, i would trigger the ABS as well... this circulates the new fluid through the ABS system.
how do i trigger the ABS? brake hard on wet/sandy surface - of course, on a quiet empty road.

aaronng
24-06-2009, 04:00 PM
after changing the brake fluid, i would trigger the ABS as well... this circulates the new fluid through the ABS system.
how do i trigger the ABS? brake hard on wet/sandy surface - of course, on a quiet empty road.

You don't need to do that on the Euro. The low pressure ABS system does not hold brake fluid in it when you do a brake fluid change. When you pump the new brake fluid out of the bleeder nipped at the caliper, the fluid goes from the resevoir through the master cyilnder, through the ABS unit and then out to the caliper.