PDA

View Full Version : Need help in installing Cusco Strut Brace in a EK1

burner42
31-08-2009, 07:44 PM
i'm going to need to drill the chassis of my car, is there anything i should watch out for? anyone know if there is anything running under where the pre-set holes? also i have some high tensile bolts, should i use washers? i have both the front and rear braces, any hints would be appreciated, thanks

kcokla
31-08-2009, 07:51 PM
wait! dont drill anything yet mate you dont need to drill anything
i assume youve got x2 front and rear strut bar, 2 point?
u dont ned to drill anything !!!
they sit ontop of the tophats of the suspension!

Raztaz
31-08-2009, 07:54 PM
wtf why are you drilling things, strut bars are direct bolt on parts to the car

tayl51601
31-08-2009, 07:56 PM
If you need to drill holes to fit the strut bar i would think about buying a different one if i was you.

I would never take a drill to the body of my car unless i know exactly what im doing...........

Killa From Manila
31-08-2009, 08:04 PM
its okay guys he has a chassis brace. on ek's that dont come with a chassis brace the holes are blocked off, but it has the markings where they shud be. just jack the car up and take the wheels off and have a look b4 u drill since u wil have to do that anyway to get the bolts thru

bummy
31-08-2009, 08:15 PM
depends what strut brace? pics on google shows cusco offers diff types.
(go on top hat bolts or shock tower)

DvSnGuYeN
31-08-2009, 08:42 PM
EK1 dun come with holes... for a chassis brace, I had to drill my own holes, and then used high tensile bolts with washers to attach it on...

and to answer the question, take your time when you're drilling mate, it shouldn't hit anything... and do use washers... I did...

burner42
31-08-2009, 10:16 PM
its okay guys he has a chassis brace. on ek's that dont come with a chassis brace the holes are blocked off, but it has the markings where they shud be. just jack the car up and take the wheels off and have a look b4 u drill since u wil have to do that anyway to get the bolts thru

correct, cusco type os don't use the 2 bolts from the strut, but rather use the preset markers, reason I asked is I just wanna make sure as I don't want to go pulling the plastic protectors off.

EK1 dun come with holes... for a chassis brace, I had to drill my own holes, and then used high tensile bolts with washers to attach it on...

and to answer the question, take your time when you're drilling mate, it shouldn't hit anything... and do use washers... I did...

cheers mate, I thought so as well, just wanted to be sure, but thanks guys i was just confirming what I was thinking