PDA

View Full Version : a lil help please. Tuning a B20 block with a B16 head with A/M cams?

pinoy-boi
04-09-2009, 04:32 PM
i recently bought a 95' civic with a b20 block and has b16a head, its gt stage 2 pro cams in it, plus other wonderful gizmoes and gadgets lol. its claimed to have 151kws, (aka 999 green EK4)

***ECU-MAN EDIT Dont brag about street racing ****. it has a stock engine with a cat back exhaust and intake. he kept up with me the whole time, every tym his vtech kicked in, he wuld pull on me abit. (and NO it wasnt my driving lol). i hvent had it dyno'd again yet, nd im only goin off ppp claiming to have the 151kwz. just wantd 2 to kno if you kno of ne1 good 2 tune the car?? any help wuld be appreciated.

thanks

ow, BTW im in brisbane queensland.

dsp26
04-09-2009, 04:46 PM
i recently bought a 95' civic with a b20 block and has b16a head, its gt stage 2 pro cams in it, plus other wonderful gizmoes and gadgets lol. its claimed to have 151kws, (aka 999 green EK4)

***ECU-MAN EDIT Dont brag about street racing ****. . it has a stock engine with a cat back exhaust and intake. he kept up with me the whole time, every tym his vtech kicked in, he wuld pull on me abit. (and NO it wasnt my driving lol). i hvent had it dyno'd again yet, nd im only goin off ppp claiming to have the 151kwz. just wantd 2 to kno if you kno of ne1 good 2 tune the car?? any help wuld be appreciated.

thanks

why ask about tuning if you don't know anything about the car...

the first step would be to just get a dyno run to see what it needs if it needs anything.

You wouldn't buy a car on the basis of some monkey telling you it's got this and that.. ie 151 fully sick killerwasps without the dyno sheet... if you were losing to a dc2r with said mods in an ek chassis then you have no more than 115fwksmrealistically

and as for the cams.. "stage 2" what?? Buddy sclub spec 3+ are considered stage 1 cams.... simply referring to mods in "Stages" is soo fast and furious / need for speed

***EDIT***
oh and noob... don't talk about street racing

pinoy-boi
04-09-2009, 05:00 PM
yeh, im planning to get it dyno'd. just wana find sme1 who can tune it good afta that.

well i bought the car from a performance shop in queensland, so im kinda sure there not gona go around claiming to get this power out of there "show car". and they do claim that power on there website aswell, hes gt a dyno reading there but ne1 can foto shop one up, and yeh, im think its gt abt 115"killwasps" max.

well there skunk2 pro "2" cams, sorry 2 sound all F&F on you. lol

hAmZ
04-09-2009, 05:54 PM
999 are on here aint they? could ask them some questions

GSi_PSi
04-09-2009, 10:35 PM
you should walk that dc2r.

TheSaint
05-09-2009, 01:07 AM
'showcar' - could explain it

if its got 2 tonnes of stereo and chrome sh1t in it - there in will be the problem

a full list of ALL modifications to the car would be a great start in us being able to give any advice

hondas need to be light mate ... also imo its a little silly buying such a modified car that u know nothing about

i suggest u leave it in the garage ... go get educated on hondas before u drive it again lol

but thats just me ... im a purist =p

EDIT - we dont mean to be harsh, if you came on here with 'im new to honda and i could use some help learning about it' than we would give u a warm welcome ... but the whole 'i juss bought a fully sick B20 civic that i know nothing about and street raced a mate in it and lost and now im sad panda' will win you no respect at all

sw1fty
05-09-2009, 12:41 PM
isnt it/wasnt it for sale on here?

pinoy-boi
06-09-2009, 03:00 PM
ahhh wel its a good thing i ddnt use "fully sick" in my thread. and no it not a fully chromed out car, nd a big ass heavy ass stereo lol.

mods.

B16A Head Ported and Polished (by JHH)
B20B Block
B18C ITR Crank Balanced and linished
Sleeved block
Eagle Rod
CP pistons and rings
(Engine Compression 12.7:1)
Genuine Honda B20B head gasket
AUDM DC2R S80 LSD Gearbox
SKUNK2 Pro-Series Intake Manifold
SKUNK2 Billet 66mm Throttle Body
Top Fuel Zero-1000 Air Intake System
SKUNK2 Dual Valve Springs
SKUNK2 Titanium Retainer
SKUNK2 One Piece Forged Valves
SKUNK2 Pro-Series Pro-2 Race Cam
SKUNK2 Pro-Series Super Light Weight Cam gears
999 Automotive Custom oil catch can setup
APEXI RSM Limited Edition
APEXI Power FC with Hand Controller
Baffled sump
Alloy radiator (Full Size)

Fuel system
H22A Injector
Walbro 342 Intank Pump
KLS Fuel Pressure Regulator

Exhaust System:
Buddyclub Racing Exhaust Header
Magnaflow Metal Cat
SKUNK2 70mm Mega-power R cat back exhaust system

pinoy-boi
06-09-2009, 03:03 PM
isnt it/wasnt it for sale on here?

ummm, it culd hve been.

TheSaint
06-09-2009, 05:48 PM
thats a pretty nice mods list ... now we are starting to get sumwer

what wheels/bodykit/stereo does it have?

when was it tuned/dynoed? do you have a dyno sheet?

pinoy-boi
07-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Brakes Tires and wheels:
Project Mu Pure Plus 6 slotted rotor (Front)
Project Mu BESTOP brake pad (Front)
rear brakes standard
Buddyclub Racing QF One Piece Forged Wheels 15x7, +35 all around
Federal 595S tyres 205/45/15 all around

Supension/Braking:Buddyclub Racing Spec Coilover
ARP Front Strut Brace
SKUNK2 billet Rear Lower Control Arm
CUSCO Rear Lower Arm Bar
CUSCO Rear Camber Arm

alpine headdeck,
mtx splitz (front)
soundstream 6'9s
kicker amp and sub

nt sure wen it was tuned, wuld say da last tune was atleast 6 months ago.

OW BTW, PLEASE DONT GET THE WRONG IDEA ABOUT THIS THREAD, THE MAIN AIM IS TO FIND OUT WHO WULD HAVE THE MOST EXPIRIENCE WITH TUNUNG HONDAS IN QUEENSLAND AROUND THE BRISBANE AREA.

THANKS

TheSaint
07-09-2009, 12:44 PM
well .. aside from driver error or a mechanical fault ... i cant see why you arnt getting good power to the ground

is the temp needle half way up before you put your foot down?

other than that ... find a good tuner and sit down and have a good chat with him - lol which i cant help you with because im from WA haha

i can suggest sending a pm to Toda maybe and see if they can give you some advice

TheSaint
07-09-2009, 12:45 PM
oh and in your car description it lists 'Civic type - R' .. you dont own a EK9

list it as 'B20vtec EK'

pinoy-boi
07-09-2009, 01:27 PM
well .. aside from driver error or a mechanical fault ... i cant see why you arnt getting good power to the ground

is the temp needle half way up before you put your foot down?

other than that ... find a good tuner and sit down and have a good chat with him - lol which i cant help you with because im from WA haha

i can suggest sending a pm to Toda maybe and see if they can give you some advice

yeh, water temp was at 79 degrees and intake temp was 35 degrees to wat i can remember.

lol, yeh thats wat im trying to find out is a good tuner, i was looking under the car the other day nd noticed the headers have been hit on smething, im guessing a speed bump o smething nd its restricting the flow as it has been pushed in abit. abd i also hve a silencer in the exhaust system. bt if that is the case il hve 2 gt it fixed soon enough bt i still wana gt a retune.

thanks for ur advice, ur the 1st person to give positive advice, every1 else has been negative.

TheSaint
07-09-2009, 02:38 PM
thanks man, hope you get it sorted out

im happy to help, but remember you have to help youself as well, we may have been a little negative but i hope you have learnt a bit along the way as well =)

let us know how u go with it

and remember - when u do get it sorted out, get a dyno sheet and than goto a 1/4 race track and get an official time as well - that way you have a benchmark to work with - and you can legally talk about it on here as well

hAmZ
07-09-2009, 05:12 PM
go do a dyno run and see how much it really makes, then go from there. cause by the sound of it, it doesnt seem to have anywhere close to 150fwkw.

pinoy-boi
08-09-2009, 10:05 AM
go do a dyno run and see how much it really makes, then go from there. cause by the sound of it, it doesnt seem to have anywhere close to 150fwkw.

yeh im planing to get it dyno'd soon. cnt spend to much money this year, im goin on vacation lol. were abts in brissie u from??

tekung89
08-09-2009, 09:11 PM
they say every dyno gives out different readings, but i dunt think the gap can be 20-30kw's.

get it dyno'd if it doesnt make atleast 140kw or even 130kw , go back to them and complain man. im not accusing but i seriously think something dodgey is going on since the comparison wit u and the dc2 was near even which is simply impossible if it claims to have such figures of 151kw. and that 'remove the silencer' story cant possibly give u 20kw lol.

best of luck with it man, and dnt worry about finding another tuner etc, go back to 999 and ask them to get it done right and sort it out.

civic_vi
08-09-2009, 09:51 PM
nice mods list

did the guy say it was 151kw at the flywheel or atw?

hAmZ
09-09-2009, 12:09 AM
from southside. yeah man, better yet go to 999 and get a power run there if they got a dyno. lol that'll be funny when the power output shows up.

EGJOE
09-09-2009, 07:49 AM
CNJ motorsports have good reputation for tunning. They are at slacks creek.
Have had them tune a cb accord with jdm h22a with good results

http://www.cnjmotorsport.com.au/home.php

pinoy-boi
09-09-2009, 08:38 AM
they say every dyno gives out different readings, but i dunt think the gap can be 20-30kw's.

get it dyno'd if it doesnt make atleast 140kw or even 130kw , go back to them and complain man. im not accusing but i seriously think something dodgey is going on since the comparison wit u and the dc2 was near even which is simply impossible if it claims to have such figures of 151kw. and that 'remove the silencer' story cant possibly give u 20kw lol.

best of luck with it man, and dnt worry about finding another tuner etc, go back to 999 and ask them to get it done right and sort it out.

yeh, couple of pipol have said that to me abt the dodgy business. just bein its a company nd wuld make me think that they wuldnt wana do nethign dodgy coz dats just gna b bad rep for them. and also the fact that they have on there website "151kws" with a package there selling. and im sure they culd b put up for fraud o smething if it wasnt correct lol,

thanks man, just hve herd frm alot of honda bois around brissie that they arent to great at tuning, (no offence to ne1)

pinoy-boi
09-09-2009, 08:40 AM
from southside. yeah man, better yet go to 999 and get a power run there if they got a dyno. lol that'll be funny when the power output shows up.

ahhh nice, another south sider lol. yeh dats actually a good idea, den i cn actually prove 2 them it doesnt hve the power output they said. nd they myt do smething about it lol. wat area in southside

pinoy-boi
09-09-2009, 08:41 AM
CNJ motorsports have good reputation for tunning. They are at slacks creek.
Have had them tune a cb accord with jdm h22a with good results

http://www.cnjmotorsport.com.au/home.php

ahhhh il hve to go check them out. i herd sme good things about 101 in slacks creek.(dont kno the full name)

pinoy-boi
09-09-2009, 08:43 AM
nice mods list

did the guy say it was 151kw at the flywheel or atw?

thanks, im not to sure. i think he said at the wheels

woop_woop
10-09-2009, 02:23 AM
yeah im pretty sure thats what he said too

02gzm
10-09-2009, 01:11 PM
The 999 dyno likes to read quite high. I've seen a few cars figures from that dyno that are a lot lower on other dyno's. But I do know the car and I know it's fast.
Not being rude or anything but judging from the nature of your post it'd be safe to assume it was your driving. Be it either your shifting or the car not being up to temp/oil pressure.

TheSaint
10-09-2009, 01:17 PM
The 999 dyno likes to read quite high. I've seen a few cars figures from that dyno that are a lot lower on other dyno's. But I do know the car and I know it's fast.
Not being rude or anything but judging from the nature of your post it'd be safe to assume it was your driving. Be it either your shifting or the car not being up to temp/oil pressure.

i had a feeling this may have been the problem as well ... but i didnt know how to put it delicatly lol

TheSaint
10-09-2009, 01:18 PM
go do a defensive driving course ... will add lots of kw's to ur car!!!!11!!!

lol .. no seriously ... it really helps

pinoy-boi
10-09-2009, 02:31 PM

Yeh, ive herd alot of pipol say that about there dyno, and alot of pipol told me they kno the car nd said its quite quick, i will admit it did feel slow that day, but mybe it was my shifting, i was shifting to 3rd and i was speaking to adam the other day nd he told me i shuld shift to 2nd on the highway, but it definetly wasnt the temp or oil pressure. coz i was already driving on around for atleast 30mins b4 that. and the fact that its kinda de tuned coz da silencer bt even still lol, bt thanks for the help guys.

i wudlnt mind doin a course like dat lol. no1 is a perfect driver lol

FastFwd
10-09-2009, 02:43 PM
I've seen this car on here. Its pretty clean.

forgot who's car it was tho i just remember it being sold on here.

pinoy-boi
10-09-2009, 03:10 PM
I've seen this car on here. Its pretty clean.

forgot who's car it was tho i just remember it being sold on here.

yeh, adam told me he had it for sale for quite awhile. but for $18,000. i paid $15k. money well spent i say, culd hve gotten faster cars for that price bt i wntd 2 keep it NA, i use 2 have a s13 with a rb20 which was fun, bt gotta love hondas

FastFwd
10-09-2009, 03:22 PM
i got an s15 with 320hp atw's also but my civic is much more fun + faster :)

pinoy-boi
10-09-2009, 04:04 PM
i got an s15 with 320hp atw's also but my civic is much more fun + faster :)

nice, wat kinda mods u got done to ur civic

FastFwd
10-09-2009, 04:43 PM
this is just my engine mods...dont wanna paste everything else as its another 2-3 pages

Engine:

Honda JDM 2000 b16a2 Motor conversion
SRP Forged Pistons (9.1 Compression)
Scat Forged H Beam Con Rods
King Bearings
JE Ring Set (81.25mm)
Toda lightweight Adjustable Cam Gears
Toda lightweight Pulley Kit
Fidanza 3.9kg Lightweight Flywheel
RC 650cc Injectors (SL4-650)
MFactory LSD
Exedy Ceramic Racing Series Clutch
Walbro 700hp Fuel Pump
Turbosmart Fuel Pressure Regulator
Topgun 10.1mm Red Ignition Leads
Greddy Oil Catch Can
Greddy Water Catch Can
Apexi Power FC ECU with Hand Controller
Apexi SAFC
Apexi Turbo Timer
Full Race Steam Pipe Turbo Manifold
HKS 44mm External Wastegate
HKS SSQV Blow of Valve
Garret Gt2871r 56trim Turbo (Welded internal wastegate)
Custom 1.5inch screamer pipe
Custom 3inch stainless Steel Turbo Back exhaust
Custom Decat
Mugen Oil Cap
Mugen Radiator Cap
Mugen Short Shifter
Blitz Front mount Intercooler (700x630x520)
Custom 2.75inch Stainless Steel intercooler piping setup
Custom Braided Stainless steel Water and Oil lines
NGK Iridium Spark plugs (BKR7EIX-11)
Saas Oil breather
Saas High Flow Pod Filter
Custom 0 Gauge Wire Earthing setup
Gizmo Boost Controller
ASI Alloy Radiator
Magnaflow 4.5inch Cannon Muffler
Sard Vacume Lines
Sard Fuel Lines

EGJOE
10-09-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yNHnCqZxJs&feature=related

pinoy-boi
11-09-2009, 08:18 AM
I'm pretty sure this is the car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yNHnCqZxJs&feature=related

yeh thats the one, dang stupid work computers dont have ne sound. bt sme1 said it only made 135kw on the auto salon dyno and it made 151kw on 999's dyno.

02gzm
11-09-2009, 09:56 AM
I've seen a few of their graphs that have inertia rates set high so that peak power is multiplied on the sheet. But in saying that I have also seen some that have inertia set normal and still have overly high numbers compared to the same car run on another dyno. :confused:
Auto salon dyno's are happy dyno's too. IMO take it to another shop and have a few power runs done.

mr180sx
11-09-2009, 10:15 AM
like i've already told you man, get a power run done and that will give you an idea.

Only way of truly telling if its your driving or your car is going down the 1/4!:thumbsup:

tinkerbell
11-09-2009, 12:39 PM
B16A Head Ported and Polished (by JHH)
B20B Block
B18C ITR Crank Balanced and linished
Sleeved block
Eagle Rod
CP pistons and rings
(Engine Compression 12.7:1)
Genuine Honda B20B head gasket
AUDM DC2R S80 LSD Gearbox
SKUNK2 Pro-Series Intake Manifold
SKUNK2 Billet 66mm Throttle Body
Top Fuel Zero-1000 Air Intake System
SKUNK2 Dual Valve Springs
SKUNK2 Titanium Retainer
SKUNK2 One Piece Forged Valves
SKUNK2 Pro-Series Pro-2 Race Cam
SKUNK2 Pro-Series Super Light Weight Cam gears
APEXI RSM Limited Edition
APEXI Power FC with Hand Controller

if that is what is really in the block,

then it should be hitting over 150kW at the wheels with proper tuning...

and doing high 12 sec 1/4 mile runs... (depending on weight)

pinoy-boi
11-09-2009, 12:50 PM
if that is what is really in the block,

then it should be hitting over 150kW at the wheels with proper tuning...

and doing high 12 sec 1/4 mile runs... (depending on weight)

Well do u know ne1 in brisbane that culd tune it properly?? ive herd abt 101 in slacks creek???

pinoy-boi
11-09-2009, 12:57 PM
like i've already told you man, get a power run done and that will give you an idea.

Only way of truly telling if its your driving or your car is going down the 1/4!:thumbsup:

yeh lol, i will man, u live up the road ryt?? trung??

02gzm
11-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Try High Power Racing

tinkerbell
11-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Try High Power Racing

yeah, was trying to remember that name!

http://www.hipowerracing.com/

mr180sx
11-09-2009, 02:44 PM
thats me man!:thumbsup:

yeh lol, i will man, u live up the road ryt?? trung??