PDA

View Full Version : fuel reader not reading right?

slow_poke
09-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Hey guys my fuel reader isn't reading right in my eg, would like to know how to fix.

it shows low sometimes and when i go refuel i still got like 5-8l left.

Troy
09-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Hahahaha that's too funny. I've just always accepted that it's going to give me the fuel light earlier rather than later, every car has done it to me.

slow_poke
09-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Hahahaha that's too funny. I've just always accepted that it's going to give me the fuel light earlier rather than later, every car has done it to me.

nah no light just the pin is really low, i tried to drive it longer got about 80km's and only got lower, didn't wanna risk it so i refueld had like 4l left LOL

hondaEK4
09-03-2010, 03:22 PM
For the pin in my EK it goes up and down so i never have the correct fuel level.

aznalex
11-04-2010, 03:44 AM
i have the same problem
my fuel light wont come on and it bothers me..

do any of you guys know how to fix the fuel light?
i asked a mechanic and he said just dont worry because its too difficult!

but it really bothers me!

ive driven my car down to 3 liters of fuel before =s

markismaximus
11-04-2010, 07:34 AM
not all cars have low fuel warning lights, the low end model likes breezes etc wouldn't have one. the only way to check is to open the fuel tank cover below your rear seat and look at how many wires there are. If there are 5 wires you should have a warning light, if only 4 then you dont. If you think your gauge/sender is playing up test them both. see below, this is EG specific but the readings will all be the same. Start checking FSMs people, there is bucketloads of diagnostic stuff in there

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd121/mx83cressida/HondaCivicEG-ServiceManual-1084.jpg

aznalex
11-04-2010, 01:44 PM
so what happens if i do have a fuel warning light, and its blown?
i should since i have the higher end model of the civic - 97 ek1 gli

how would i go about fixing it? would it be too difficult for an amateur?

markismaximus
11-04-2010, 02:31 PM
so what happens if i do have a fuel warning light, and its blown?
i should since i have the higher end model of the civic - 97 ek1 gli

how would i go about fixing it? would it be too difficult for an amateur?

you'll have to replace the bulb if its blown. Which would require removing the cluster, not too difficult but I haven't taken an EK unit out.

do steps 6 and 7 to check if you bulb is blown

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd121/mx83cressida/fuel.jpg

in saying that:

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk! just to be on the safe side

aznalex
11-04-2010, 03:51 PM
lol that seems a little advanced for me..
how much do you think it will cost for a mechanic to do?

is the clusterboard something mechanics dont like to fool around with cos the last one i went to said to just leave it alone