PDA

View Full Version : VIC - Implications of Running a Stripped Car

Stig
25-03-2010, 11:32 AM
After reading this I was wondering what the implications this would cause in getting a yellow sticker in Vic?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130385

I'm new to the power scene so I would like to know:

If you have a car like that, you would need to register the car as a 2 seater?
No spare wheel = defect?
Stripped interior? what needs to be intact (dash, seats, seat belt, steering wheel etc) to pass RWC
Engine wise, no pods exposed?

I'm sure there are other things I have missed but any additions to the list would be awesome for my future build :D

TheSaint
25-03-2010, 01:14 PM
definatly cant run without a spare tyre .. best fix for this is a space saver

you also need to get the car registered as a 2 seater ... other than that it should be ok tho .. .as long as u have seatbelts etc all safety measures are in place

dougie_504
25-03-2010, 03:37 PM
I'm pretty sure you can run a stripped car, see it all the time, but if you're unsure just cal VicRoads maybe or check out their rules on mods.

trism
25-03-2010, 05:12 PM
If you have a car like that, you would need to register the car as a 2 seater?
No spare wheel = defect?
Stripped interior? what needs to be intact (dash, seats, seat belt, steering wheel etc) to pass RWC
Engine wise, no pods exposed?

*yes
*no
*anywhere there is seating, interior panels need to be in place. if regd as a 2 seater, then you dont have to have rear plastics etc, but you must retain front door trims, dash, if car came out with an airbag steering wheel, you must keep it.
* no exposed pod filters

redefine
25-03-2010, 06:36 PM
actually in vic you can run exposed pods as long as its not an oil based filter

mocchi
25-03-2010, 07:53 PM
definatly cant run without a spare tyre .. best fix for this is a space saver

you also need to get the car registered as a 2 seater ... other than that it should be ok tho .. .as long as u have seatbelts etc all safety measures are in place

this thread is for state of VIC laws, i never read anything in VIS saying spare wheel is mandatory.

in your state it might be true, however please note that OP is referring to laws in VIC.

actually in vic you can run exposed pods as long as its not an oil based filter

yea i think this is correct, if non-oil based filter then it must be covered.

Stig
26-03-2010, 01:08 AM
how hard is it to drive a car without power steering on a daily basis?

TheSaint
26-03-2010, 01:33 AM
this thread is for state of VIC laws, i never read anything in VIS saying spare wheel is mandatory.

in your state it might be true, however please note that OP is referring to laws in VIC.

yea i think this is correct, if non-oil based filter then it must be covered.

would have thought that its a given premise as a safety feature of the car ... like seatbelts

im sure if u got pulled over without a spare the police would say something eh?

or is vic a bit less stressed about it than other states ??

as for the pod ... in WA its ok as long as its secured

EGB18CT
26-03-2010, 07:45 PM
here in vic you can have 1 intake mod without engineer, ie fmic only or pod only etc and yes it can be exposed but must be a dry filter.

can run stripped out rear, just need to go to vic roads and ask to change seating capacity to a 2 seater and remove the seatbelts. The only other requirement i think you have to leave the door skins on the front doors and possibly carpet-not 100% on the carpet tho.

and no, you don't have to run a spare, but if you do it must be in roadworthy condition. (Most new bmw's/merc's don't run spares - they have the can spary goo stuff.

Lukey
26-03-2010, 08:45 PM
oil based pods MUST be inclosed

sangyz
22-05-2010, 03:08 PM
So... in vic no need to run with spare tire??? if so sweet as lol no spare tire for my 5 stud ==

dougie_504
22-05-2010, 03:36 PM
I'd rather have a spare tyre personally, but I was under the impression that the spare tyre was a significant component of the crumple-zone in Hondas - meaning that it absorbs impact and protects the passengers when hit from behind.

That and in case you get a flat...maybe take the spare tyre with you?

sangyz
22-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah gotta get myself a 5stud space saver or something x_X or a spare ek9-itr rim or something along those lines

Giraffe
22-05-2010, 04:55 PM
so is cold air intake's illegal then ? cause my mate got dicked for having an intake ..

dougie_504
22-05-2010, 07:02 PM
so is cold air intake's illegal then ? cause my mate got dicked for having an intake ..

It's illegal to modify your engine if you're a p-plater in vic so yes cai is illegal, but if you get caught you'll probably just get defected and then you can take it off no problem. I ran cai in both my cars while i was on p's and never got done. Just play stupid lol

i_s2_honda
22-05-2010, 08:00 PM
i've heard that registering a car as a two seater cost like $200 more each year? is this right???

sangyz
22-05-2010, 09:15 PM
It's illegal to modify your engine if you're a p-plater in vic so yes cai is illegal, but if you get caught you'll probably just get defected and then you can take it off no problem. I ran cai in both my cars while i was on p's and never got done. Just play stupid lol

really? before when i had a whale penis intake it was secured properly they didnt get me for it. a few times as well and im on my p's. i've always thought the one engine mod was to everyone including P's. guess i thought wrong.

dougie_504
23-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Ah, so we're allowed 'one' engine mod in VIC? CAI FTMFW in that case.

Anyway most cops don't know the rules themselves, they just look at things and let you go more often. Very few of them know the intricate details of the laws regarding P-plate modding...

sangyz
23-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah the cops that know are those highway blitz or random blitz on main rd's .. seen a few of them last few months x_X lucky enough i was driving on the other side. i saw so many turbo cars get pulled over lol. s15's skylines etc etc etc... and a very nice mustang =o

beeza
23-05-2010, 08:28 PM
I took that spare wheel out and replaced it with:

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy25/beeza4/getImage2008.jpg

dougie_504
24-05-2010, 12:21 PM
For real? lol

tOniies
24-05-2010, 04:35 PM
yerh thats exactly what i did as well. left my spare tyre at a mates house and it got stolen.

dougie_504
24-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Who steals a spare tyre? LOL