PDA

View Full Version : Wheel fitment and opinion

christofski_dc5
28-04-2011, 12:07 AM
After sooo much ****ing research i have finally found wheels to my liking and to my freaking budget. ahah.
however im stuck now whether to go, with
A) 17x9.0 offset 35

or

B)18x8.5 offset 44

I would just like your guys opinion on which rim i could bolt straight on with no issues of rubbing etc, so that means no camber adjustments or lowering etc or rolling guards.
I have a stock sussy dc5r by the way.

If you guys could tell me which rim size to go for, and also which tyre size I should go for, it would be hella appreciate. In return, ill post up a sexy photoshopped photo after next week once i put on the extended blue lug nuts with these new sexy bronze rims i get.

Cheers. Christofski-dc5

chargeR
28-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Both wheels will be very close to the rear trailing arm, and I don't think either is a fuss-free fit. If you want something that will look decent on a stock height DC5 and not require any mods whatsoever then 17x8 +35 with a 225/45 tyre will work.

Since stock height is pretty high the 17x9 +35 might not require rolled guards if you fit a 235/40 to it but I wouldn't guarantee it, and the 18x8.5 +44 has a really good chance of hitting the rear trailing arm or the strut at the front or both and 18s on a stock 4WD height DC5 look even worse than 17s. Also the 17x9 +35 will sit out a long way on a stock height car and will look foolish. So neither of those configurations is ideal IMO.

45SET
28-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Get the car lowered (Using adjustable coilovers or springs) first, THEN look into rims.