PDA

View Full Version : DC2 Short Shifter

lemmm
15-05-2011, 02:39 PM
hey guys i bought an unknown brand short shifter for my car about 4-5 months ago, still works good in neutral it sits about 180mm away from the top of the ciggi lighter and when in gear it sits roughly 150mm away, so i'm only shifting 30mm from neutral, personally i want it shorter what brand should i go for? i've been looking at B&M and skunk2 any other brands out there you guys recommend?

dc2r-0636
15-05-2011, 02:46 PM
buddyclub! make sure you get good shifter bushes

DC2-PWR
15-05-2011, 05:49 PM
I had them (buddyclub) and its a waste of money. Makes the life way harder to shift gears, lots of more crunching, and had the feeling that have this bullshit item could cost me up lots of money.

So I bought DC2R shiftlinkage and shifter. which I believe is the best.

good luck

lemmm
15-05-2011, 05:54 PM
buddyclub! make sure you get good shifter bushes

what's the shifting % difference between stock and buddyclub? or if you've got one and whenever you have the time to could you measure the distance for me :)

I had them (buddyclub) and its a waste of money. Makes the life way harder to shift gears, lots of more crunching, and had the feeling that have this bullshit item could cost me up lots of money.

So I bought DC2R shiftlinkage and shifter. which I believe is the best.

good luck

hmm.. my short shifter seems fine to me smooth shifting all the way even cold starts! and yeah i was thinking of dc2r linkages big difference? might get linkage and shorter short shifter ;p

dc2r-0636
15-05-2011, 06:18 PM
ive had it for ages, but neva been installed coz i cbf lol if done properly it shouldnt be making life hard. ive heard it makes the throw very smooth and direct.
the shifts are reduced by half on the vtir

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Energy-Suspension-Shifter-Bushings-Civic-Integra-DOHC-R-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255ef9c092QQitemZ16050 7216018QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries?clk_rvr_id=232381554167

DC2-PWR
15-05-2011, 09:01 PM
what's the shifting % difference between stock and buddyclub? or if you've got one and whenever you have the time to could you measure the distance for me :)

hmm.. my short shifter seems fine to me smooth shifting all the way even cold starts! and yeah i was thinking of dc2r linkages big difference? might get linkage and shorter short shifter ;p

Give it a shot and write up a review bro

lemmm
16-05-2011, 04:30 PM
ive had it for ages, but neva been installed coz i cbf lol if done properly it shouldnt be making life hard. ive heard it makes the throw very smooth and direct.
the shifts are reduced by half on the vtir

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Energy-Suspension-Shifter-Bushings-Civic-Integra-DOHC-R-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255ef9c092QQitemZ16050 7216018QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries?clk_rvr_id=232381554167

hmm sounds good, i'll have a read about buddy club short shifters, just haven't heard much about it and what do these shift linkage bushings do? does it just smoothen out the shifting? mine's still very good but when i do upgrade my short shifter i should get some of these too ay?

Give it a shot and write up a review bro

lol cbf writing up a review barely have anytime to myself! but is there a shifting difference with the dc2r shift linkages? is it shorter? smoother?

BTW: has anyone used/using B&M short shifters and or buddy club? i'm interested in them!!!

dc2r-0636
16-05-2011, 08:03 PM
it would help to have those bushings to make smoother gear changes. and like that you shouldnt really fuk up your synchros coz they are known to go when ppl get short shifters coz they slap gears to hard ect

DC2-PWR
16-05-2011, 09:37 PM
it would help to have those bushings to make smoother gear changes. and like that you shouldnt really fuk up your synchros coz they are known to go when ppl get short shifters coz they slap gears to hard ect

This boy knows it,

and yeah it makes gear changing easier, feels smoother

mnc
17-05-2011, 12:56 AM
get a dc2r shift linkage (heavier) and also get a weighted gearknob around 400-550g. Awesome shift feel for sure lem haha

string
17-05-2011, 07:03 AM
Best mod I ever did was going from a short shifter back to OEM.

Honda just don't make syncros as well as say, BMW :D

lemmm
17-05-2011, 05:07 PM

oooo sounds good order them now if i have money left in my debit account +1

get a dc2r shift linkage (heavier) and also get a weighted gearknob around 400-550g. Awesome shift feel for sure lem haha

yeah sounds good should invest in a linkage, i've bought a pretty heavy gear knob as well from auto barn one of those drift ones -.-" but i got it cause it looked oem type r :) shifting feels good. got a spare linkage there with you mike? ;p

Best mod I ever did was going from a short shifter back to OEM.

Honda just don't make syncros as well as say, BMW :D

why go back to oem? your syncros fkin up cause of the short shifter?