PDA

View Full Version : Boot not opening

ekay1
11-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Hey guys, Ive got an FD civic and the boot doesnt seem to be opening for some reason. The central locking key nor the manual lever doesnt work. I can hear a "clunk", like the same sound as it does when its open but doesnt budge. Is there anyway to get it open from the side besides taking out the rear seats? The boot does not have a keyhole.

Thanks

chauster
11-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Take out the seats. Take off your boot trim. If you can I'm not sure you can with it closed. And there's a steel rod on the inside. Push it and it should open.

Try one person turn the key on the outside and another push the boot out from the inside.

Good luck

Sean

hmetro24
11-11-2011, 10:13 AM
push the boot down, and try with the key.

IV73CI
11-11-2011, 10:23 AM
the Mechanical part that your key goes into is stuffed.

if you cant open/unlock your boot lid using the key, incabin lever, or the rod behind the boot lid trim doesnt work,

then you will need to replace it or it could be loose and requires tightening.

try inspecting the mechanical device and go from there.

ekay1
11-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Take out the seats. Take off your boot trim. If you can I'm not sure you can with it closed. And there's a steel rod on the inside. Push it and it should open.

Try one person turn the key on the outside and another push the boot out from the inside.

Good luck

Sean

Thanks bro i'll try that! for the 2nd part, my car has no keyhole lol

push the boot down, and try with the key.

Thanks bro, but my car has no keyhole O_o

the Mechanical part that your key goes into is stuffed.

if you cant open/unlock your boot lid using the key, incabin lever, or the rod behind the boot lid trim doesnt work,

then you will need to replace it or it could be loose and requires tightening.

try inspecting the mechanical device and go from there.

Will try it thanks!

hmetro24
11-11-2011, 11:33 AM
The key nor the manual lever doesnt work.

you siad the key nor the manual lever, that mean you have key hole ???? am i missing something

ekay1
11-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Sorry i meant the central locking key as in the remote.

IV73CI
11-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Sorry i meant the central locking key as in the remote.

lol...

ok so what is really the problem here?

are you trying to open the boot using your remote fob key (trunk/boot release) and its not working?

or are you trying to open the bootlid using your keys manually? - if so then try the above posts or what everyone else is saying.

if your using ur fob/remote and it doesnt work;
- then there must be a programming issue between the key fob to the alarm module.
- your battery on your key fob could be dead or low.
- the key fob/remote is stuffed.
- Loose/damaged wiring to the boot release motor or damaged motor.

could you open/unlock the drivers/passenger doors using the remote?

ekay1
11-11-2011, 03:38 PM
To make it clearer, the remote/fob remote key, the manual lever inside the car doesnt work either. When i try to open the boot with the remote, it makes the same noise as it does when it normally opens, but is firm shut, doesnt budge. The remote/central locking key is working fine.

@Chauster, which steel rod are you talking about? I am yet to take the seats off as im not home.

Thanks for the info guys

chauster
11-11-2011, 03:44 PM
It's a steel wire that's usually wrapped in a black plastic surround. It sound have a metal ball on the end. That ball should be wedged in a plastic bit. The plastic bit is connected to the mechanism that locks your boot. You should push/pull the plastic bit and it should open. If not then your locking mechanism is broken.

ekay1
11-11-2011, 03:49 PM
It's a steel wire that's usually wrapped in a black plastic surround. It sound have a metal ball on the end. That ball should be wedged in a plastic bit. The plastic bit is connected to the mechanism that locks your boot. You should push/pull the plastic bit and it should open. If not then your locking mechanism is broken.

Thanks bro, will try that out :)

chauster
11-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Wish you luck

Sean.