PDA

View Full Version : Removing rear spoiler

dudeling7
27-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Hey guys and girls i have a civic coupe and wanted to try take off the spoiler to se how it looks like but i dont want to have to cut the wires because i may put it back on.

Is there any way in which i can just diconnect the wires without having to cut them. Thanks a lot!

ekslut
27-07-2005, 07:08 PM
personally I haven't seen it, but there should be a connection somewhere. Just follow the wires and see where they lead. But you shouldn't have to cut anything to take it off. I would say follow where the wires lead to inside the trunk lid, and it should be somewhere in there

T-onedc2
27-07-2005, 07:25 PM
The wire should run under boot panel and if like mine was will intersect the wire leading to the rear window brake light. Undo the cheapo wire connector thingy and should be free.

Zdster
27-07-2005, 08:11 PM
As others have said there should be some sort of connector. In my ek hatch it is just a matter of unclipping the connector and you can remove the spoiler (have to also remove the rear water nozzle as well but that shouldnt be a problem in your car).

dudeling7
27-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Thanks a lot for the help guys ill give this a go tomorrow and let you know how it goes,hopefuly ill be able to find the connector. Thanks again :)

jackosimm
27-07-2005, 10:39 PM
A possible DIY article I hear you say??? hehe not a bad thought however :rolleyes:

dudeling7
27-07-2005, 10:45 PM
A possible DIY article I hear you say??? hehe not a bad thought however :rolleyes:

Hehe if i can find out how to do it man then might as well just snap a few pics on the way and give the article a go ;)

Civique
18-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Rekindeling this thread
Ive Removed my rear spoiler but have found the area around where the screws have come through the boot is rusted, will this rust spread? its not too noticeable at the moment but my main question is...

Is there anything i can do to stop tha spread of the rust myself, cover it up...etc???

oh and also did anyone do a DIY article as i found nuttin...if needed i gladly volunteer, may not be tha most important but will stop stoopid noob questions like this :p

Civique
18-05-2006, 10:14 PM
hmmmmm i wonder who i will give a reputation point to since noone is answering :p

Civique
18-05-2006, 10:45 PM
cmon ppls this thread is starting to rust itself ^^^^^^read 2 quotes back please

Civique
18-05-2006, 11:44 PM
REFRESH!!!!! check 3 quotes up.....will delete this refresh when i recieve reply :)