PDA

View Full Version : Condensation Build-Up (Help)

Jai-VTi
05-04-2004, 05:27 PM
Hey guyz,
i seem to of gathered quite a condensation build up in one of my Altezza's, which mean its leaking! Anyone know how to fix this? because it doesnt look real good and i doubt it would be doin the light much good.

Thx for any help!
Jaiza

Setanta
05-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Remove them, drill a hole in the bottom as drainage and to let air in to get rid of the condensation and all should be good. It works on the EDs anyway.

madgrk
05-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Personally I would throw them, but since you have them theres no point in doing that hehe :D

Do exactly as Setanta said, then on top of that run a layer of caulk around the edges just to stop it from happening again :D

kimbi
05-04-2004, 08:44 PM
bah it happened to me.. just empty them out then they get all wet.. or secure the fkker on good and tight!!

wynode
05-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Like Setanta said.........maybe try putting some silica gel packets in them even! (they absorb moisture......duhh)

joneblaze
05-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Bahaha.... Altezzas with silica gel packs floating around while doing happy sick laps = dorkish :P

A'PEXi
05-04-2004, 10:41 PM
umm try leaving it for a while to see if it goes away, if not, try get them apart and re-glue/silicon them back together i guess? :P

samsider
06-09-2005, 12:14 AM
i have this problem also

what do u mean by drilling them, do u mean actually getting a power drill and making a hole???.

I might try using a vacum or a hair dryer tomorrow and see how that goes.

**Ghost**
06-09-2005, 12:48 AM
depends on how much water is in there mate

I left mine gathering water vapor for so long.... i had no jokes half a can of coke work of water in thier.......

so as ppl above have said

1. remove

2. get a power drill

3. drill a small bee dick hole on the bottom...

3a. i PESRONALLY found that bottom gets rid of existing water but not future condensation. Reason being that vapor goes UP and its not that effective. Myold altezzas had a hole in the side... u cant reallllllly see it, but it did the job

4. drying out ur lights is a BITCH...believe me dude a hair dryer aint gong do it... if u got a fireplace or if u heater vent or a portable heater......leave ur light in front of it for a night

samsider
06-09-2005, 06:37 PM
its moisture build up from when i washed my car.

after i finished work today i checked em out, its getting less and less i think the sun is drying it up