PDA

View Full Version : 32mm swaybar???wat??!!

vteccoupe
23-04-2006, 08:41 PM
was browsing thru honda-tech forum...and saw that the yanks are using 32mm swaybars on their hondas?!!ermmm isnt that a tad too thick for a swaybar?:confused:

SiReal
23-04-2006, 11:23 PM
hehe..not really. depends on which car....they religiously follow the honda accords over there as well, and they fully mod them up for handling etc. with a much bigger car, calls for a bigger sway bar (as there is more roll). so its not uncommon. The stock sway bar on such a big accord is 27mm. So 32mm would be an upgrade.

barefootbonzai
24-04-2006, 09:55 AM
not only on the accord, ASR has the mounting/re-enforcement kit for civic's to run 32mm sway. They just gansta as over there.

BlitZ
24-04-2006, 10:32 AM
its a hollow 32mm bar.. it aint solid

string
24-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Also, the ASR/Comptech "reinforcement" kits are still not a 100% solution for a huge swaybar, especially the ek. They still mount to the paper thin subframe, so, instead of making small holes where the bolts go, you'll tear the whole thing off. Honda-tech has plenty of cases where subframes have torn even with these devices.

Domokun SPL
24-04-2006, 08:21 PM
mate, a 32mm solid is mega MEGA overkill on almost any car.

I doubt they are solid. For example, my car weighs 1700kg and the optimum swaybar for my car and its handling package is a 24mm solid. I do not by any chance think they are using a 32mm solid.

BUT, i could be wrong because yanks are like that, if its hard and stiff, 'its sporty'

vteccoupe
26-04-2006, 04:29 PM
hehe..not really. depends on which car....they religiously follow the honda accords over there as well, and they fully mod them up for handling etc. with a much bigger car, calls for a bigger sway bar (as there is more roll). so its not uncommon. The stock sway bar on such a big accord is 27mm. So 32mm would be an upgrade.

i saw in honda tech and these 32mm were on EG and EK hatches :eek: