PDA

View Full Version : Jazz 5 Stud conversion?

innozent
24-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Just to ask for a friend. Is that possible or easy to convert a Jazz to 5 stud 4 disc braking. If so, will EK9 brake setup or DC2 brake setup will fit on Jazz.
Any other information such as how it would be modified to fit will be appreciate. Thanks in advance

vividjazz
24-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Anything is possible with enough time and money but think you will find that its not viable. Such a conversion would require an engineers certificate. If after larger brakes (discs and or calipers / multi piston calipers) heaps of other off the shelf options available for the Jazz / Fit globally. Wilwood, Brembo, etc. DBA Australia http://www.dba.com.au/ could also do something custom if you have that kind of money to spend.

hinezz
24-12-2006, 11:31 AM
im in da process of doing brakes upgrade front n back and maybe 5stud conversion, but the only advantage i look at is more range of wheels to choose from whereas 4stud in 18s(in my case) dnt have many i like...depending on the cost factor i was told its abt 2grand extra 2 do 5stud conversion..brakes upgrade - dat is brembo 4pots front & 2 pots on da rear with larger DBA rotors...

innozent
24-12-2006, 01:33 PM
My friend thinks 5 Stud is cooler and will have more choice or wheels design.
Just to make sure, Will EK9 or DC2R brake setup direct bolt on to Jazz front and rear?

hinezz
24-12-2006, 02:59 PM
dnt think so, customisation will be needed..

My friend thinks 5 Stud is cooler and will have more choice or wheels design.
Just to make sure, Will EK9 or DC2R brake setup direct bolt on to Jazz front and rear?