PDA

View Full Version : i think my accord is too loud

h22a accord
11-06-2004, 10:32 PM
im getting sick of the sound of my accord, it is a cat back 2.5 pressed bent with a muffler up the middle 10 inches long and about as fat as a typical cannon, and its also got a tanabe hyper medallion rear fart can.

its quiet whilst idling but if you flog it its real loud and when you back off it drones.

I am thinking changing the fart can to an OEM accord/ prelude muffler muffler and taking the muffler out of the middle but keeping it 2.5" piping

i want it quiet and a sleepy look to it.

For those who have heard my car, does it sound too loud? Please dont reply saying that loud is good ok :P

http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dtaila/Tanabe.jpg

poid
11-06-2004, 11:27 PM
i can say enough about Magnaflow, mine is very very quiet. Full 3" system, high flow cat, resonator and the Magnaflow 3" straight through muffler. No droning while cruising, nice note when accelerating. Only time i find it even remotely loud is on back off and even then its no where near as bad as most mufflers i've heard

McChook
12-06-2004, 12:20 AM
I agree with the magna flow comment

Also, the GReddy exhaust are rather tame. too..

I have a 5th Gen Prelude muffler, but I'll need some cash for it....

A'PEXi
12-06-2004, 09:39 AM
hey, are you able to make a clip? ..... similar to the one that ken made :)

h22a accord
12-06-2004, 12:49 PM
hey, are you able to make a clip? ..... similar to the one that ken made :)

:? how do i do that? i have a vid/sound clip on my phone of it but to view it you need to have nokia multi media player on ya puter cos the clip is in 3gp. format.

Calvo
12-06-2004, 04:32 PM
cam, its not that loud, well i dun think so anyway.

i just put a new muffler on yesterday and my cars so quiet now.

if ya do take it off, ill but ur hyper medallion off ya :P

h22a accord
12-06-2004, 08:58 PM
cam, its not that loud, well i dun think so anyway.

i just put a new muffler on yesterday and my cars so quiet now.

if ya do take it off, ill but ur hyper medallion off ya :P

no worries mate, how bout you find me a stock accord vti-vti-s muffler, with both chrome tips, that has not been painted black ( yes, this happens when cars get detailed ) and that the guts are not rusted out. and we will swap.
ok.

CHU85
12-06-2004, 09:42 PM
a bit of noise is ok. Most hondas with aftermarket mufflers are pretty loud.
Its just as simple as that.

[[d a n n y]]
12-06-2004, 10:28 PM
cannon mufflers r loud..

that's why i am changine mine..

and it wont b a cannon :D

Calvo
12-06-2004, 11:53 PM
no worries mate, how bout you find me a stock accord vti-vti-s muffler, with both chrome tips, that has not been painted black ( yes, this happens when cars get detailed ) and that the guts are not rusted out. and we will swap.
ok.
if only u asked me wen i took my stocky off ages ago, was absolutely fine. bah.

B|ade
13-06-2004, 01:06 AM
Yea man

My cannons coming out next wk. I'm swappin it for one of those cool oval ones but they still have the straight kinda pipe if you kno wat I mean.

Somethin like this:

http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/StainlessSteelMandrelBends.jpg

Also gettin air con ripped out next wk so i can get a bigger dump pipe in there ;)

I just dont like the look of the cannons, they kinda sag down (well mine does anyway and the other ones ive seen as well do too)

EuroAccord13
13-06-2004, 05:03 AM
Yea man

My cannons coming out next wk. I'm swappin it for one of those cool oval ones but they still have the straight kinda pipe if you kno wat I mean.

Somethin like this:

http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/StainlessSteelMandrelBends.jpg

Also gettin air con ripped out next wk so i can get a bigger dump pipe in there ;)

I just dont like the look of the cannons, they kinda sag down (well mine does anyway and the other ones ive seen as well do too)

That's a pic of my car :D :D with the MagnaFLow Muffler.. It's not loud at all until VTEC kicks in from second stage... I take it as the OEM resonators playing a part in it's suttle droneless exhaust note...

A'PEXi
13-06-2004, 10:05 AM
maybe you should give euroaccord style exhaust setup a go h22a :D

poid
13-06-2004, 11:51 AM
yup definitely give it a go. Mine is very similar:

http://poida27.customer.netspace.net.au/muffler_small.JPG

h22a accord
13-06-2004, 09:17 PM
maybe you should give euroaccord style exhaust setup a go h22a :D

What exactly does euroaccords exhaust set up consist of? ie, pipe diameter/resonator/muffler. If some one can give me the specs, i know what to buy :D

CHU85
14-06-2004, 03:12 PM
one thing is that don't consider buying any aussie built mufflers. I reakon they are shit. The jap ones look and sound sooo much better. But all cannon ones will be louder then barrell/oval ones.
Can't afford new ones?
Then just go to ur local import wrecker and get one. Clean it up and voila nice sounding jap muffler.

B|ade
14-06-2004, 10:18 PM
one thing is that don't consider buying any aussie built mufflers. I reakon they are shit. The jap ones look and sound sooo much better. But all cannon ones will be louder then barrell/oval ones.
Can't afford new ones?
Then just go to ur local import wrecker and get one. Clean it up and voila nice sounding jap muffler.

No ways man

The smaller the diameter of the muffler, the louder the exhaust will be. It just wont be as deep.

EuroAccord13
17-06-2004, 06:37 AM
h22a accord;

2 1/4 inch stainless steel mandrel bends with stainless steel weld.