[[d a n n y]]
21-03-2007, 12:27 PM
4-2-1?
or 4-1
i heard that X-force 4-1 is pretty good bang for bucks

teaseR
21-03-2007, 12:39 PM
it doesnt matter,
i had 4-1 xforce in my dc2 and it had some whistling noise which didnt like.
is that because of the standard cat or because of the headers??
thats y im thinking of changing to megan but wanna see the performace side too

m3ntAL_l2
21-03-2007, 01:06 PM
it doesnt matter,
i had 4-1 xforce in my dc2 and it had some whistling noise which didnt like.

i have that sound aswell. and ive got xforce 4-2-1 with xforce high flow cat n 2.5" piping.
so is that wot all xforce headers do?? makes that sound?

teaseR
21-03-2007, 02:22 PM
can someone confirm that its normal for that whistling sound around the cat?? or is it just xforce??
i dont wanna go down the wrong route again

Kawasaki
21-03-2007, 02:39 PM
if u dont want to go down the wrong route spend abit more and get something decent

my 2c

FR33K
21-03-2007, 03:06 PM
ive got that too and it annoys the shit out of me

JasonGilholme
21-03-2007, 03:10 PM
if u dont want to go down the wrong route spend abit more and get something decent

my 2c

:thumbsup:

21-03-2007, 03:23 PM
i dont know why people buy quality cars like a type r , then put cheap shitty parts on it.. if you dont have cash leave it stock until you can buy something that deserves to be on a type r.
Especially if its a performance part, you want it to perform right..

JasonGilholme
21-03-2007, 03:48 PM
i dont know why people buy quality cars like a type r , then put cheap shitty parts on it.. if you dont have cash leave it stock until you can buy something that deserves to be on a type r.
Especially if its a performance part, you want it to perform right..

Thats true.

Probably better of usin the OEM one...

iced
21-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Thats true.

Probably better of usin the OEM one...

if its a dc2r i reckon the factory one is better.
if its a dc2 vtir or gsi then the xforce or megan one is ok.

the gain had by the xforce and megan arent that much to justify replacing the oem typeR header.

JasonGilholme
21-03-2007, 05:20 PM
just wondering whats better out of the 2 for dc2r
alittle tight on budget so have to settle on one of these
would like to hear why for choice and from experience
thanks

He says DC2R in the first line. :thumbsup:

teaseR
21-03-2007, 05:33 PM
ok thanks for replies
ill save up for good stuff

Zilli
21-03-2007, 06:59 PM
does anyone here have any proof of one losing power by putting these parts in comparison to stock? or do we all talk out of our asses? paying double the price doesnt mean youll get a part that performs 2 or 3 of 4 fold better. if i can get a part that makes 2kw less at half the price id be interested

it aint a ferrari, its a great car, i own one so i know, but if someone has realtime experience id like to know just like the OP.

aaronng
21-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Instead of buying new xforce headers, why not buy good headers 2nd hand?

m3ntAL_l2
21-03-2007, 07:05 PM
do header lose its performance level after yrs of using?

newmski
21-03-2007, 07:08 PM
do header lose its performance level after yrs of using?
as long as they aren't bent they will be fine. would get a new gasket though and if you want you could clean out the carbon build up

aaronng
21-03-2007, 08:16 PM
do header lose its performance level after yrs of using?If it has a flex pipe, check that it is damaged or leaking. And yes, I agree with getting new gaskets too.

teaseR
21-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Instead of buying new xforce headers, why not buy good headers 2nd hand?

because theres no good second hand headers for sale!!!

Limbo
22-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Ok here's my experience, i've done the cheap header route and the expensive route.

2nd hand headers, just make sure they don't have cracks or big bumps, small bumps are expected. Rem they are only pipes so there is no difference in performance unless they have lots of carbon buildup but then you can clean that up.

Cheap headers - they do do abit of difference, but usually they have clearance problems from either fans or being too low, otherwise not too bad. I generally would stay away from 4-1s on the cheap headers as most i've seen are not made very well and are too low and hit things. Also stay away from US 4-1s as you might not clear the clutch slave.

Noise - all higher flowing headers have a whooshing noise, most OEM headers have defusers in them to stop the noise, also the headers are stainless steel or mild steel with very thin walls. You OEM headers are generally cast (bar ITR headers). Thus the niose comes through more. Its the same even with the expensive headers, but not so much as they generally use better materials. One way to reduce is to wrap them if you have the problem. Just make sure you follow the instructions and wrap proeprly, otherwise they will crack over time.

P.S make sure the installer does a good job also otherwise all your hard work is for naught

teaseR
22-03-2007, 11:05 AM
so would u say cheap megan 4-2-1 will do the trick.
it doesnt matter if i lose say 2kw and saving $400.

JasonGilholme
22-03-2007, 11:25 AM
The header is where the power is. i'd spend bigger on the header and then get a cat back thats a bit cheaper to even out the price.

FR33K
22-03-2007, 12:25 PM
so would u say cheap megan 4-2-1 will do the trick.
it doesnt matter if i lose say 2kw and saving $400.

no but your waste $400

why do you want to spend money to lose power ?
do you want them just so they look good ?

TheFranchise
22-03-2007, 12:36 PM
i think he means losing 2kw compared to an expensive header...

eg....expensive header gets him 5kw while cheaper only gets him 3kw

Limbo
22-03-2007, 12:51 PM
a header will only do so much, its only people chasing every single bit of power possible that generally buy the expensive headers. 2kw is gonna make almost no diff in the car's speed. Spend the $400 on a Steel cat and a high flowing exhaust and that will give you more power something along lines of 5kw-10kw.

teaseR
22-03-2007, 04:48 PM
i think he means losing 2kw compared to an expensive header...

eg....expensive header gets him 5kw while cheaper only gets him 3kw

exactly waht i mean!!!
say if a well branded header cost $800 and have gains of 7kw and another shitty brand cost $400 and have gains of 5kw... i rather get the $400.
as long as i can feel noticable difference before and after the headers are on.

so what do u think?

-megan racing ($369)
-xforce ($400)
-5zigen ($720)

the price difference is nearly double yet the difference are little.

turtleEK1
22-03-2007, 05:10 PM
ever thought of edelbrock? ... don't think they're alot more expansive than x-force but are spose to have more gains...

nigs
22-03-2007, 06:46 PM
You should give me the Type R.

didz
22-03-2007, 06:51 PM
pretty sure all he was asking for was the comparison between the two types and a branded one...
no need to just say "OMGZ NOOO!!! GET TODAAAAAA"

silver_screen
22-03-2007, 06:56 PM
lol i agree hahaha ive got some xforce extractors on my lil civic and they made a big enough difference :) and no whistling noises either :D

teaseR
22-03-2007, 07:53 PM
You should give me the Type R.

buy ureself one.

what has saving money got to do with owning one? i can own one and go cheaper alternatives. in another words if im getting Toda or Spoon, im wasting money... i might as well wait till i own a s2000 and go the real deal for that... or even an NSX

jdm_kid
22-03-2007, 09:01 PM
shiiitt... man just turbo the mofo. extreme power gains there. lol 100kw +

oh btw. try asking dynodave. he makes custom headers, he would actually tell u how much kw u will get etc. :) dyno proven too.

Zilli
23-03-2007, 10:43 PM
buy ureself one.

what has saving money got to do with owning one? i can own one and go cheaper alternatives. in another words if im getting Toda or Spoon, im wasting money... i might as well wait till i own a s2000 and go the real deal for that... or even an NSX

dude if you dont spend half the value of your car in your mods you wont get respect, now you do want respect dont you? because we all live a quarter mile at a time around here.... and imagine all the hot stickers you'll be able to put all over your car

i think your on the right track with your thinking, do research on other sites too dude, clubitr, honda-tech.com, see what others around the world are doing too...

there's plenty of experience over in the states, from my research, i've found that most people who do these mods say the power is in the tuning. So you really should budget for that too i suppose, but im pretty sure even without it you will get a bit of a difference.

Keep us posted man, i haven't done the exhaust side of things on my car, its all stock, so i wouldnt mind checking out your results

TYPE-ONE
23-03-2007, 11:24 PM
get the xfroce 4-1 for your dc2r. heat wrap it to reduce the noise.

the end result. a marginal increase in power and torque. a bit of wank factor.
and less noticable noise. problem solvered.

94dc2tegz
03-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Hey, this may be a stupid question but I wanna be sure
so ur saying that the xforce/megan header will be better (if only a little) than the ITR OEM ones?

gheybo
03-09-2007, 09:16 PM
I've got Xforce headers on my ITR and its pretty good.

Not sure about stock because i brought the car like that.

But my cousin driven my car and his got 5Zigen headers and he said it felt similar to his one.

Therefore i guess Xforce is pretty much similar to other headers but might not be as good.