PDA

View Full Version : EP3 Type R

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

butterfingers
01-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Wholesale Suspension?
Road and Race?

Where is road and race?

DreadAngel
01-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Not the greatest website... Link (http://www.roadandraceperformance.com.au/)

UNA91
02-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Got my new Wedssport SA70 wheels today, not sure if I like the look over my old FN01R-C wheels...having 2nd thoughts lol maybe if they were black lol too used to my simple 5 spoke rims :S The Wedssports have no lip and looks like it would suit an evo more or something; they are darn light tho and came with fresh Advan AD07s

http://imageshack.us/a/img405/1895/imag0781z.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img209/9120/awesome1351778717079.jpg

Lukezen27
02-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Got my new Wedssport SA70 wheels today, not sure if I like the look over my old FN01R-C wheels...having 2nd thoughts lol maybe if they were black lol too used to my simple 5 spoke rims :S The Wedssports have no lip and looks like it would suit an evo more or something; they are darn light tho and came with fresh Advan AD07s

I've got WORKS in the same style as your but their off waiting to be painted black lol

butterfingers
02-11-2012, 09:04 AM

http://imageshack.us/a/img405/1895/imag0781z.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img209/9120/awesome1351778717079.jpg

naaaiiiice

kenny07
02-11-2012, 11:48 AM
naaaiiiice

indeed!

UNA91
02-11-2012, 02:17 PM
yeah i guess its not too bad, garage had bad lighting lol wish they were a little more agressive tho. and there's brake dust baked on HARD on them, can't even get it off with normal wheel cleaner

Symphorced
02-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Looks so much better than the 5zigens!

ADS15
02-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Looks so much better than the 5zigens!
Yess agreed

UNA91
03-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Anyone recommend a strong wheel cleaner that doesn't harm the paint? This brake dust is stubborn as hell. Using normal armor all wheel cleaner and endless toothbrush scrubbing doesnt do anything

DreadAngel
04-11-2012, 03:33 PM
I use car wash to clean my wheels, much safer than any of the wheel cleaners and its worked for me npz =)

aRze
04-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Anyone recommend a strong wheel cleaner that doesn't harm the paint? This brake dust is stubborn as hell. Using normal armor all wheel cleaner and endless toothbrush scrubbing doesnt do anything

Try P21S wheel cleaner. Highly regarded, I bought some, yet to try it on my volks which have quiet some settled brake dust on them. Will use it myself this coming week. ^_^

UNA91
05-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Try P21S wheel cleaner. Highly regarded, I bought some, yet to try it on my volks which have quiet some settled brake dust on them. Will use it myself this coming week. ^_^

Are they acidic based? i think i might have to resort to something acidic like 'meguire's wheel brightener' diluted which is like professional detailing stuff, except i can't seem to find it anywhere and seem to come in huge kegs. This dust is baked on HARD, and wont budge with conventional wheel cleaners like turtlewax or armor all. Its so thick its actually surface rusting; since brake dust is basically fine metal powder.

DreadAngel
05-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Are you doing this with the wheels off the car?

Sometimes it helps having the wheel off so you can get more 'muscle' into it =)

You can also clean the inner barrel like that too =D

UNA91
05-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Yea, it was off the car. I bought a product called AutoGlym wheel cleaner and it did the job. When you spray on the brake dust it dissolves it and turns purple and washes right off :)

-JC-
05-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Yea, it was off the car. I bought a product called AutoGlym wheel cleaner and it did the job. When you spray on the brake dust it dissolves it and turns purple and washes right off :)

Sounds identical to what Bowdens 'Wheely Clean' does. I have been replacing my stuff with Bowdens as it runs out in the last little while, I used to pretty much use Meguiars stuff exclusively, but the Bowdens is really impressive, and Australian.

UNA91
05-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Sounds identical to what Bowdens 'Wheely Clean' does. I have been replacing my stuff with Bowdens as it runs out in the last little while, I used to pretty much use Meguiars stuff exclusively, but the Bowdens is really impressive, and Australian.

Yeah, the autobarn sales person was kind enough to let me try a few wheel cleaning products on different spots on my wheels; Autoglym, meguairs, bowdens, eagle 1 and mothers. The Autoglym and Bowdens did a similar good job and was both the best at removing the baked dust, but i went with Autoglym as it was a little cheaper :\

brody
06-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Hey guys. Kinda urgent, getting a few things fitted today including my plm header (finally).
I'm just going to run the test pipe for now. Will I have any issues with the o2 sensor needing to be extended or anything?
Also, any had any running issues after installing rbc manifold (no aftermarket ecu).
I know about the rad support being moved forward and bonnet latch cut out a bit more but anything I might want to tell them? Not too happy with the shops service as of yet so would like to hive them as much info as I can so they don't screw it up ha.

Thanks

dnapol
06-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Hey guys. Kinda urgent, getting a few things fitted today including my plm header (finally).
I'm just going to run the test pipe for now. Will I have any issues with the o2 sensor needing to be extended or anything?
Also, any had any running issues after installing rbc manifold (no aftermarket ecu).
I know about the rad support being moved forward and bonnet latch cut out a bit more but anything I might want to tell them? Not too happy with the shops service as of yet so would like to hive them as much info as I can so they don't screw it up ha.

Thanks

I ran the PLM headers on my dc5 (same fitment) and the O2 sensor didn't reach (secondry) so it always had an engine light on the dash. THat's all that will happen until I turn it off with Kpro on my tune. Also, the RBC can't be installed without Kpro I don't think, you'll need it tuned to run your airflow correctly as the intake manifold will shoot everything out of whack on the car

JDM EP3
06-11-2012, 03:54 PM

Thanks

I had no issues running the test pipe and the lenght of the o2 sensors.

UNA91
06-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Anyone know how to get rid of these hard brake dust spots? It's driving me nuts trying to clean them and it does look pretty ugly in the sun :(

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/2783/photogrid1352180767257.jpg

The Autoglym wheel cleaner pretty much cleaned 70% of the wheel; its just these hard bumps that won't budge no matter how much I scrub and rinse and repeat. I was thinking of maybe using Rust converters (phosphoric acid) that break down rust and see if that will work since most alkaline based wheel cleaner won't touch it, and car care products aren't cheap :(

brody
06-11-2012, 04:30 PM
I ran the PLM headers on my dc5 (same fitment) and the O2 sensor didn't reach (secondry) so it always had an engine light on the dash. THat's all that will happen until I turn it off with Kpro on my tune. Also, the RBC can't be installed without Kpro I don't think, you'll need it tuned to run your airflow correctly as the intake manifold will shoot everything out of whack on the car

Righto cheers. Ah itll run.. just not make any power and also run rich. All good.. go back to work again soon so will find out how to get a hold of kpro.. or another ecu.. considering I haven't found anyone in Perth who can tune hondata as of yet.

I had no issues running the test pipe and the lenght of the o2 sensors.

Thanks man

stienerv2
06-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Anyone know how to get rid of these hard brake dust spots? It's driving me nuts trying to clean them and it does look pretty ugly in the sun :(

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/2783/photogrid1352180767257.jpg

The Autoglym wheel cleaner pretty much cleaned 70% of the wheel; its just these hard bumps that won't budge no matter how much I scrub and rinse and repeat. I was thinking of maybe using Rust converters (phosphoric acid) that break down rust and see if that will work since most alkaline based wheel cleaner won't touch it, and car care products aren't cheap :(

Is that brake bust or is the paint is gone? Its hard to tell with the pictures. Avoid using brushes since i will leave fine scratches and will leave ugly lines later on

UNA91
06-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Is that brake bust or is the paint is gone? Its hard to tell with the pictures. Avoid using brushes since i will leave fine scratches and will leave ugly lines later on

It is hard baked brake dust, and appears to be raised and bumpy, I can't even pick it off with my nails. I sanded the surface area abit and it had a rusty colour to it so i assume it is brake dust or a similar iron composite. I had to scrub them with a brush before which did leave fine marks, but scratch and swirl remover brought them back to normal. It's so annoying, those areas feel like a brick wall lol. I'm going to order 'Meguire's Wheel Brightener', apparently this stuff is super strong as it is acid based, but doesn't use hroflouric acid like some acid based cleaners which is overkill, and CAN kill you. It is from their professional detailer line at $52 for a huge 3.8L bottle... should last me ages since it is meant to be diluted. If this stuff doesn't do it then i guess i'll just have to suck it up lol

Previous owner must've had some hardcore race pads in the rain or something...

brody
07-11-2012, 01:08 AM
Anyone gone through redzone to purchase and install kpro? Is this Australia's only hondata distributor and installer? Just wondering as id like to buy a kpro within the next few days.. so thought I'd check who everyone else went through. I'm in Perth but is obviouy just send it off for the installation.

stienerv2
07-11-2012, 08:54 AM
It is hard baked brake dust, and appears to be raised and bumpy, I can't even pick it off with my nails. I sanded the surface area abit and it had a rusty colour to it so i assume it is brake dust or a similar iron composite. I had to scrub them with a brush before which did leave fine marks, but scratch and swirl remover brought them back to normal. It's so annoying, those areas feel like a brick wall lol. I'm going to order 'Meguire's Wheel Brightener', apparently this stuff is super strong as it is acid based, but doesn't use hroflouric acid like some acid based cleaners which is overkill, and CAN kill you. It is from their professional detailer line at $52 for a huge 3.8L bottle... should last me ages since it is meant to be diluted. If this stuff doesn't do it then i guess i'll just have to suck it up lol

Previous owner must've had some hardcore race pads in the rain or something...

Damn that is really a tough one. I've used a lot of wheel cleaners and the safest non acidic one is mothers all tyre and wheel cleaner. That was even better than meguairs acidic purple wheel cleaner. And Armour All did nothing lol.

butterfingers
07-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Anyone gone through redzone to purchase and install kpro? Is this Australia's only hondata distributor and installer? Just wondering as id like to buy a kpro within the next few days.. so thought I'd check who everyone else went through. I'm in Perth but is obviouy just send it off for the installation.

JDMyard is a distributor. Use their website to order online

brody
07-11-2012, 11:43 AM
JDMyard is a distributor. Use their website to order online

Ah right. Thankyou:)

UNA91
07-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Has anyone experienced 'bump steer' in their lowered EP3? I think this may be the issue I posted way back about my car having sometimes unpredictable steering when cornering spiritedly on slightly bumpy roads and sometimes when on a straight road.

Looking at my tie rods, they are pretty angled too...i'm considering getting the steering arm bracket which raises it about 1 inch higher and should fix the angle abit. Not too keen on the inverted tie rod ends since i've heard many durability problems compared to oem.

butterfingers
07-11-2012, 12:37 PM
i bump steered a bit. got better tires. actually helped a lot

brody
07-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Arghh. Having a horrible experience with a shop over here.
All I wanted was my plm header and rbc manifold installed and its taking them 3 days.
Rang him just then and he made every excuse.

- this header is very dodgy. It's like a jigsaw puzzle.
- these are gunna give you problems over time.
- these will leak. Connections are dodgy.
- the intake is very difficult to install.
- we install toda, skunk2 and other jap brands

Thought I'd help him out at the start and send him a link for instructions on how to move the rad support forward to fit the intake. It was an eBay link. He said " if I knew it wad a eBay intake, I wouldn't of said yes"

Apologise for my rant. Any experienced any problems and real difficulties running these or installing? I may be wrong when I accuse them of being a horrible garage

Icebox
07-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Has anyone experienced 'bump steer' in their lowered EP3? I think this may be the issue I posted way back about my car having sometimes unpredictable steering when cornering spiritedly on slightly bumpy roads and sometimes when on a straight road.

Looking at my tie rods, they are pretty angled too...i'm considering getting the steering arm bracket which raises it about 1 inch higher and should fix the angle abit. Not too keen on the inverted tie rod ends since i've heard many durability problems compared to oem.

you might want to get todds tie rods instead of replacing the ends, more costly but more worth it in the end as it would help improve your turning circle + the ends are adjustable so you can wind them in and reuse the OEM ones which i find personally better then t1r's inverted ends

butterfingers
07-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Arghh. Having a horrible experience with a shop over here.
All I wanted was my plm header and rbc manifold installed and its taking them 3 days.
Rang him just then and he made every excuse.

- this header is very dodgy. It's like a jigsaw puzzle.
- these are gunna give you problems over time.
- these will leak. Connections are dodgy.
- the intake is very difficult to install.
- we install toda, skunk2 and other jap brands

Thought I'd help him out at the start and send him a link for instructions on how to move the rad support forward to fit the intake. It was an eBay link. He said " if I knew it wad a eBay intake, I wouldn't of said yes"

Apologise for my rant. Any experienced any problems and real difficulties running these or installing? I may be wrong when I accuse them of being a horrible garage

rbc is a jap brand. its genuine oem honda...

brody
07-11-2012, 03:35 PM
rbc is a jap brand. its genuine oem honda...

exactly what I said

brody
07-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Probably gunna get the header spot welded or something as Ive read that the test pipe donut gasket sometimes leaks when the engine is under load. But other than that, most people seem to think they are a great, bang for your buck header.

UNA91
07-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Anyone running roll center adjusters? Is it necessary to fix my bump steer and correct suspension geometry, apparently it should improve handling aswell? I'm reading up on them and I just cant understand the concept of it lol

butterfingers
08-11-2012, 02:13 AM
Anyone running roll center adjusters? Is it necessary to fix my bump steer and correct suspension geometry, apparently it should improve handling aswell? I'm reading up on them and I just cant understand the concept of it lol

honda designed the suspension to to work its best at stock geometry. that is with the lca angled down toward the wheel.

when you lower the car a good amount, as you can imagine, the lca tends to angle up toward the wheel. this brings the chassis 'roll centre' further away below the centre of gravity. cant explain how as the rest is mathematics, but this worsens handling.

roll centre adjusters attempt to fix this problem by increasing he length of the ball joint from the knuckle to the lca, in effect bringing it closer to the original downward angle.

i have no feedback on driving the ep3 with and without roll centre adjusters so i cant tell you how much affect it actually has on the handling

UNA91
08-11-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm just looking at ways to fix the awkward tie rod angles, I might consider the steering bracket but mines in a pretty extreme angle and the bracket only raises it up by 3.5cm; and roll center adjusters seem pretty expensive for some ball joints lol

butterfingers
08-11-2012, 12:13 PM
roll centres adjusters dont fix the tie rod problem.

i currently just live with the bump steer. driving over bumpy roads, the steering twitch is the least of my worries. im more worried about my spine.

kenny07
09-11-2012, 12:35 PM
it's raining! hope it doesnt hail! for my car's sake!
:/

UNA91
09-11-2012, 06:46 PM
it hard rained for literally 2 secs here lol mustve been a small angry cloud

UNA91
10-11-2012, 04:55 PM
my drivers side recaro has abit of play at the rails. I can move it back and forth. the bolsters that support my lats also feel abit loose, is there a way to tighten it up?

btw, anyone ever bought anything for yahoo japan auctions? I have no idea how to use it lol but i found some pretty sweet stuff there :cool:

kenny07
12-11-2012, 07:03 AM
it hard rained for literally 2 secs here lol mustve been a small angry cloud

LOL

it hailed at greenacre. i work at revesby!

lucky!

Lukezen27
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
ladies

What camber kits are you running?

UNA91
12-11-2012, 12:23 PM
I bought some some hardrace camber arms yesterday; they seem to have had some good reviews. Should finally be able to get a proper alignment soon

Lukezen27
12-11-2012, 12:36 PM
I bought some some hardrace camber arms yesterday; they seem to have had some good reviews. Should finally be able to get a proper alignment soon

Do they camber much?

I've got camber bolts for my 18x 8.5s and their just not far enough :(

Link to where you got em?

Symphorced
12-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Camber bolts are for the front and camber arms are for the rears, isn't it?

I run the Hardrace upper camber arms on the rear and is good for -2.5 (though I've heard them being adjusted a lot more than this) and fronts I have camber plates from my BC Racing coilover and 4 eBay camber bolts which are good for -4.

[daan]
12-11-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm using Buddyclub rear camber arms and coilovers all round, so didnt bother with the fronts

-2 deg camber all round not sure how much more i can get out of the buddyclubs at the rear though..

Symphorced
12-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Dan where have you been mate? Haven't heard from you in so long, thought you might have sold up haha.

DreadAngel
12-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Damn that is really a tough one. I've used a lot of wheel cleaners and the safest non acidic one is mothers all tyre and wheel cleaner. That was even better than meguairs acidic purple wheel cleaner. And Armour All did nothing lol.

That looks more like Tar and what not than caked on brake dust?

You need to have local address/residency in order to create an account on Yahoo JP Auction. Best way is to use an agent like Jesse Streeter, Import Monster, Gorilla Industries to get stuff off Yahoo JP Auction.

UNA91
12-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Do they camber much?

I've got camber bolts for my 18x 8.5s and their just not far enough :(

Link to where you got em?

Haven't received them yet, tho I only bought it so I can run less camber in the rear from my drop. Don't have any camber bolts.

Got em here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/370615759567?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

bennjamin
12-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Haven't received them yet, tho I only bought it so I can run less camber in the rear from my drop. Don't have any camber bolts.

Got em here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/370615759567?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

sorry to spoil this - but avoid this design of camber kit. See those welds that connect the body to the C connection ? They are known to break under light impacts....such as pot hole or touch a gutter.

butterfingers
12-11-2012, 02:13 PM
^what Hardrace?

bennjamin
12-11-2012, 02:22 PM
That "design" of rear camber arm. Can you see the welds on either end ? These are just welded around a steel joining sleeve and can snap off....seen a handful of customers cars with this issue (EP3 and dc5s) - blox , hardrace and no - name arms....all same design.

Please refer to this
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ct2Z4hSdlaM/SmMmiB42ooI/AAAAAAAAAtQ/E_IvvDbx_zE/s400/ingalls+rear+camber+kit.gif
Note it is significantly thicker and more heavy duty looking

Im not saying ALL arms of this design fail. Im saying ALL arms of the design in question are likely to fail in the event of a light to medium impact where other designs will remain intact

butterfingers
12-11-2012, 02:38 PM
What other kinds of rear camber kits fit dc5 and ep3?

I've only know of the arm type kits?

Poeter
12-11-2012, 03:20 PM
hmm, interesting note.

i might revert back to OEM rear arm for safety.

Lukezen27
12-11-2012, 03:39 PM
That "design" of rear camber arm. Can you see the welds on either end ? These are just welded around a steel joining sleeve and can snap off....seen a handful of customers cars with this issue (EP3 and dc5s) - blox , hardrace and no - name arms....all same design.

Please refer to this
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ct2Z4hSdlaM/SmMmiB42ooI/AAAAAAAAAtQ/E_IvvDbx_zE/s400/ingalls+rear+camber+kit.gif
Note it is significantly thicker and more heavy duty looking

Im not saying ALL arms of this design fail. Im saying ALL arms of the design in question are likely to fail in the event of a light to medium impact where other designs will remain intact

So what ones should I use Benny?

I tried calling you bro :(

bennjamin
12-11-2012, 04:20 PM
So what ones should I use Benny?

I tried calling you bro :(

yeah saw it soz !

Spend alittle more and get IGNALLS or similar - im searching google right now for more alternatives

bennjamin
12-11-2012, 04:24 PM
What other kinds of rear camber kits fit dc5 and ep3?

I've only know of the arm type kits?

yup all kits are "arm type" - Im bringing up that particular type (hardrace , blox etc) have weak joints.
Look at other designs -

This design for example is solid alloy - should take a thumpin'
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/images/products/Specialty_Products/Camber_Kits_Rear_LRG.jpg

here is the ignalls kit
http://www.kseriesparts.com/graphics/00000001/Picture%20010_299x425.jpg

dnapol
12-11-2012, 04:30 PM
2 cambers bolts up front with Camber Tops on BC's maxed out at -1.5 before toe came out. Todd's tie rods fixed this up to get upto -4. Hardrace camber arms are good for -4. I shortened mine heaps and installed and it was redic the camber i had hahahah

UNA91
12-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Is there any advantage or reason apart from due to design of some aftermarket intakes, as to why people run mini breather intakes instead of the breather hose from the intake?

something like this: http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z476/Michael_Sorkin/bd587416.jpg

UNA91
13-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Umm something bad has happened to my EP3 and i need some urgent help, my top idler pulley just completely snapped off and and took taking a chunk off with it too... So lucky i wasn't even on the road, I was just at home testing the belt tension to see if its loose, poking around then SNAP! Is that part replaceable?

http://imageshack.us/a/img585/9482/imag0821j.jpg

Update: from the looks of it, its seems to be just the bracket that just needs to be replace. What you guys think of this?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/K-Tuned-Adjustable-EP3-Idler-Pulley-Kit-K20-K20a-K20a2-K20z1-K20z3-K-Swap-/300714419068?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4603f9e37c

otherwise i might just source one for real cheap since i can't wait for shipping. Anyone know of any ep3 wrecking/part outs?

doosra
13-11-2012, 11:31 AM
if anyone is looking to part out their aftermarket exhaust, let me know

Perry
13-11-2012, 12:08 PM
if anyone is looking to part out their aftermarket exhaust, let me know

MOd bug kicked in hey???

doosra
13-11-2012, 12:15 PM
MOd bug kicked in hey???

badly, haha. coilovers, injen intake, and now want exhaust... and maybe wheels later.. trying to find second hand parts to save some money though..

doosra
13-11-2012, 12:19 PM
I really want an exhaust for some extra sound as the stock exhaust is really quiet, but have a feeling i may regret it.. cause on my previous accord euro, i had the bc pro spec exhaust and it was very loud and on my s2k, i had an exhaust which was too loud so took it off. What have you got on yours perry?

doosra
13-11-2012, 12:53 PM
any thoughts on megan twin tip exhaust? I kind of like the twin tips.. how does it sound? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MEGAN-3-Dual-Stainless-Tips-Catback-Exhaust-Civic-SI-02-05-EP3-w-Midpipe-/271038725808?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1b2abeb0

UNA91
13-11-2012, 12:54 PM
The Fujitsubo RM01A has been known to be relatively quiet when cruising, but roars in vtec, no that it matters since well... you're in vtec! lol

doosra
13-11-2012, 12:57 PM
i want something louder than the fujitsubo though.

butterfingers
13-11-2012, 01:14 PM
rm01a is the best bet honestly. its quiet when u want it to be and loud when u want it to be. with these ADR laws, this is really beneificial.

other options u can consider is j's racing 60rs. but unless u get titanium, it wont sound as good.

the twinloop will be barely louder than stock and almost as restrictive

doosra
13-11-2012, 02:04 PM
anyone have like a service interval manual or something so i know what needs changing for every service interval?

Perry
13-11-2012, 04:18 PM
I really want an exhaust for some extra sound as the stock exhaust is really quiet, but have a feeling i may regret it.. cause on my previous accord euro, i had the bc pro spec exhaust and it was very loud and on my s2k, i had an exhaust which was too loud so took it off. What have you got on yours perry?

Running a Mugen Twinlop at the moment.

kenny07
14-11-2012, 08:20 AM
has anyone seen or heard the BYP Ti exhaust?

i want to know if its loud when just cruising/driving normal?

Icebox
14-11-2012, 10:21 AM

the BYP Ti Exhaust is apparently loud, for a daily, a mate of mind is running it on his dc5r.

the power gain from the car is insane but i heard it drones a lot. some guy is selling it on gumtree have a look

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/morley/other-parts-accessories/dc5r-ep3r-byp-70mm-titanium-exhaust-dyno-proven/1009151672

i was thinking of gettin it but im probably gonna get the rmo1a as my spoon N1 is way to loud for me (GF gets woken up every morning) lol

butterfingers
14-11-2012, 10:26 AM
the BYP Ti Exhaust is apparently loud, for a daily, a mate of mind is running it on his dc5r.

the power gain from the car is insane but i heard it drones a lot. some guy is selling it on gumtree have a look

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/morley/other-parts-accessories/dc5r-ep3r-byp-70mm-titanium-exhaust-dyno-proven/1009151672

i was thinking of gettin it but im probably gonna get the rmo1a as my spoon N1 is way to loud for me (GF gets woken up every morning) lol

whats your gf said about the ep3? compliments/complaints?

Icebox
14-11-2012, 10:38 AM
whats your gf said about the ep3? compliments/complaints?

this is what i got from where about 6 months after i got the car

Compliments:
cute car, heaps of space at the back (she does the shopping >.>), has a lot of power

complaints:
the exhaust is to loud (Axle back spoon n1), it was hard to learn at the beginning but shes use to it now and lastly she said it attracts too much attention from people trying to pick her up at the lights, i was laughing at the last complaint when i asked her awhile back whens we were having dinner.

butterfingers
14-11-2012, 10:46 AM

Compliments:
cute car, heaps of space at the back (she does the shopping >.>), has a lot of power

complaints:
the exhaust is to loud (Axle back spoon n1), it was hard to learn at the beginning but shes use to it now and lastly she said it attracts too much attention from people trying to pick her up at the lights, i was laughing at the last complaint when i asked her awhile back whens we were having dinner.

LOL cute car.

got similar comments about the good things from my gf

but complaints go like this.
tries changing song on headunit. we go over pot hole. she ends up accidentally turning the aircon/hazards on.
tries changing song on headunit. i go to shift. "what ****en idiot at honda thought it was a good idea to put the shifter there?"
tries texting/fb on phone. go over pothole.
get into westfields parking lot... miss out 3 different spots cos i took too long going over a speed hump. sigh/ohemgee
drive along parra road for any length of time. i dont even..
gets into backseat "what the **** are these stupid bars here for?"

Icebox
14-11-2012, 11:10 AM
LOL cute car.

got similar comments about the good things from my gf

but complaints go like this.
tries changing song on headunit. we go over pot hole. she ends up accidentally turning the aircon/hazards on.
tries changing song on headunit. i go to shift. "what ****en idiot at honda thought it was a good idea to put the shifter there?"
tries texting/fb on phone. go over pothole.
get into westfields parking lot... miss out 3 different spots cos i took too long going over a speed hump. sigh/ohemgee
drive along parra road for any length of time. i dont even..
gets into backseat "what the **** are these stupid bars here for?"

the only other thing, i forgot to add in was, she initially wanted me to get a Jazz, but lucky she said it was "cuter" then a jazz haha or i would be driving a Jazz this very minute =[

LOL shifter complaints! yeah i get that some times as well, i recently changed my head unit and like i keep distracting her when shes watching a dvd~~

i dont have any any issues with the ride hieght, i raised it from 8cms to 12 for the gf >.> the way she drives i think my mid pipe and cat are probably scratch galore by now

but yeah... gfs.... its to hard to impress them, im forced to get a 4 door car next, probably an Evo or a Rex lol~~

UNA91
14-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Lol only complain I get is I have to park on the street or across the road cause I can't get up a certain hill/driveway/curb.

Any 70mm exhaust will be loud on the k engines, tho I heard from reading someones ep3 build from here that material quality was very brittle

kenny07
14-11-2012, 12:26 PM

oh okies... coz im very drawn into getting one... but im also worried about how loud it is...

dont want cops f**king with me coz its loud when im just driving around to work and etc etc

i guess the rm01a is a safe option and its also cheaper than the BYP Ti

kenny07
14-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Lol only complain I get is I have to park on the street or across the road cause I can't get up a certain hill/driveway/curb.

Any 70mm exhaust will be loud on the k engines, tho I heard from reading someones ep3 build from here that material quality was very brittle

yeah i read that aswell...

it was from that JDM CTR guy i think...

kenny07
14-11-2012, 12:31 PM

Compliments:

complaints:

my gf said the same thing aswell...

cute car and heaps of space...

but she complains how bumpy it gets when we go out shitty roads

Icebox
14-11-2012, 01:17 PM
oh okies... coz im very drawn into getting one... but im also worried about how loud it is...

dont want cops f**king with me coz its loud when im just driving around to work and etc etc

i guess the rm01a is a safe option and its also cheaper than the BYP Ti

yeah its a lot safer and doesnt attract the po po, which makes my next mod on the car being the rmo1a, ive already got the gruppe M intake and re-enforced the body with sway bars, wont be getting a headers until i can afford a tune at the same time haha.

my gf said the same thing aswell...

cute car and heaps of space...

but she complains how bumpy it gets when we go out shitty roads

yeah gf complains about the bumpy ness as well somestimes but i showed her how to adjust the stiffess on the car so, no head aches for me when she wants to change the suspension setting

kenny07
14-11-2012, 05:18 PM
yeah its a lot safer and doesnt attract the po po, which makes my next mod on the car being the rmo1a, ive already got the gruppe M intake and re-enforced the body with sway bars, wont be getting a headers until i can afford a tune at the same time haha.

yeah gf complains about the bumpy ness as well somestimes but i showed her how to adjust the stiffess on the car so, no head aches for me when she wants to change the suspension setting

yeahhh ive already got the gruppe M aswell.. i also got headers on mine... just need exhaust soon!

but i just cant help beiing drawn to the BYP Ti!

@_@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DreadAngel
14-11-2012, 07:07 PM
FGK's RM01A is just right but you could give Kakimoto R (http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/image_hs356.html) a try too =)

dnapol
14-11-2012, 07:09 PM
selling mugen twinloop in vic if anyone wants ;)

DreadAngel
14-11-2012, 07:13 PM
selling mugen twinloop in vic if anyone wants ;)

Post it in the FS section, probably get more attention ;)

dnapol
14-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Post it in the FS section, probably get more attention ;)

No real need to sell but if someone in melb wants it hit me up hahaha

JDM EP3
15-11-2012, 02:18 PM
yeahhh ive already got the gruppe M aswell.. i also got headers on mine... just need exhaust soon!

but i just cant help beiing drawn to the BYP Ti!

@_@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont get the byp ti in my real world use opinion not worth the money imho.
Cheap ti material and u barely scrape it and it disintegrates like dust. Muffler seems ok though...

Also it hangs way too low it was badly designed tbh.

RPS.13
15-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Anyone here using the Rokform ROKBEDv3 phone cases? If you have and are using the Remote Mounting System, where did you end up mounting it?

I cannot find a good spot to mount it!

doosra
15-11-2012, 07:18 PM
need some opinions.. what do you reckon of these on a white ep3?? I'm thinking, a bit out there, but look pretty cool. The wife thinks they're ugly of course :)

http://kudowheel.com/images/inferno10hbpu4.jpg

Lukezen27
15-11-2012, 07:58 PM
need some opinions.. what do you reckon of these on a white ep3?? I'm thinking, a bit out there, but look pretty cool. The wife thinks they're ugly of course :)

hard to say but cool colour

Size?

doosra
15-11-2012, 09:01 PM
17 x 7 +40 offset.

They're only 680 delivered from the state's on eBay

RPS.13
15-11-2012, 10:31 PM
17 x 7 +40 offset.

For that price I'd much prefer to get a half decent set of secondhand JDM wheels.

http://www.otomoto.com.au/p/7759041/final-speed-17x7-35.html

The EP is too nice of a car to be putting cheap wheels like that on it!

Lukezen27
16-11-2012, 07:48 AM
17 x 7 +40 offset.

I would not put ebay rims on my EP3 lol

butterfingers
16-11-2012, 08:08 AM
For that price I'd much prefer to get a half decent set of secondhand JDM wheels.

I would not put ebay rims on my EP3 lol

+1

thats for damn sure

doosra
16-11-2012, 08:17 AM
hahhaha, yeah, i've decided already not to anyway. I've got some other jap wheels on the way on the weekend. Will post up pics later :)

Icebox
16-11-2012, 08:22 AM

Totally agree +1

Perry
16-11-2012, 09:50 AM
damn it was looking at another set of regas found it online some where 17x9 +45 and 17x8 +35 silver anyone from here that purchased it?

Icebox
16-11-2012, 10:05 AM
damn it was looking at another set of regas found it online some where 17x9 +45 and 17x8 +35 silver anyone from here that purchased it?

if you were looking for that size, i remember seeing a set at otomoto for 1200, 17 x 8 + 35 silver set, you might wanna call and see if his still got them?

doosra
16-11-2012, 10:11 AM
This otomoto site is good :) Thanks RPS for pointing it out... are there any other sites worth looking at ?

Perry
16-11-2012, 10:32 AM
if you were looking for that size, i remember seeing a set at otomoto for 1200, 17 x 8 + 35 silver set, you might wanna call and see if his still got them?

Nah it's not there anymore =( was planning on getting that and sell off my current regas.

phillay
16-11-2012, 10:35 AM
hi guys, just got ep3 from selling bugeye rex, both great cars.

friend has a set of wheels for me, but are interstate, don't really want to take them home unless they work with the ep3

wheels are 17x7.5 +48
tyres on them are 215/45/17

I checked with offset calculator that it will move 9mm in and 3 mm out due to the extra width

i have stock wheels on at the moment

will it looks scrub and look like its not flushed with the guards?

wheels are advan sa3r

aRze
16-11-2012, 10:50 AM
hi guys, just got ep3 from selling bugeye rex, both great cars.

friend has a set of wheels for me, but are interstate, don't really want to take them home unless they work with the ep3

wheels are 17x7.5 +48
tyres on them are 215/45/17

I checked with offset calculator that it will move 9mm in and 3 mm out due to the extra width

i have stock wheels on at the moment

will it looks scrub and look like its not flushed with the guards?

wheels are advan sa3r

17x7.5 +48 will fit fine, although I'm not sure what you mean by "will it looks scrub and look like its not flushed with the guards?"

How much camber are you planning to run up the back? That usually determines whether it will scrub or not if your guards are not rolled.
That fitment will not be flush, but still be inside the guards a tad. Again camber makes a difference here ^_^

doosra
16-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Those wheel specs should fit easily on the ep3.

Perry
16-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Keep in mind if your going higher offset and wider u will run chances of the rear rubbing rear trail arms.

phillay
16-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Keep in mind if your going higher offset and wider u will run chances of the rear rubbing rear trail arms.

hey guys thanks for the reply, yep that is what Im concerned about, car is stock, so what ever the camber it's currently running. Not really interested in changing any of the suspension parts, if the wheels are going to compromise the handling then ill stick to my current set up (standard - with AD08s)

Perry
16-11-2012, 12:10 PM
My rear is 17x8 +45 it's pretty close the sussy already any higher will be GG

Symphorced
16-11-2012, 12:14 PM

That would foul on the coilover on the front. For fronts I wouldn't go any higher than +40 on a 9" wheel.

Perry
16-11-2012, 12:19 PM
That would foul on the coilover on the front. For fronts I wouldn't go any higher than +40 on a 9" wheel.

lucky I didnt really look into it more had the feeling it will be a problem thanks for the reply =)

Lukezen27
16-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Offset

42 or 37

42 means it sticks out more correct?

butterfingers
16-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Offset

42 or 37

42 means it sticks out more correct?

no, it means the opposite.

lower the number, the more poke it has, relative to the wheel's width

Symphorced
16-11-2012, 02:38 PM
lucky I didnt really look into it more had the feeling it will be a problem thanks for the reply =)

No worries, Perry. I tried to fit a 17x9 +48 wheel with a 5mm slip on spacer and it still didn't sit properly and was still fouling on the coilover. :p

Icebox
16-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Nah it's not there anymore =( was planning on getting that and sell off my current regas.

i was gonna buy it on the day went to pick up some piping for our 180 project car =[ but i didnt get paid on time so sad

My rear is 17x8 +45 it's pretty close the sussy already any higher will be GG

yeah i understand where your coming from, im running only 0.5 less in width

butterfingers
16-11-2012, 03:42 PM
do you guys usually use 5th and 6th for streets and main streets with and avg speed limit of 60-70kph? or do you stay in 4th unless you get on freeways/go above 80kph?

and does exhaust drone/fuel consumption factor in your decision?

UNA91
16-11-2012, 04:24 PM
do you guys usually use 5th and 6th for streets and main streets with and avg speed limit of 60-70kph? or do you stay in 4th unless you get on freeways/go above 80kph?

I usually cruise in 6th when going 60km/h unless i know i need to speed up to 80km/h+ then I stay in 5th; I also take most turns in 3rd gear since my 2nd gear is pretty weak. I just keep my revs above 2k in general. Don't really have much droning whilst cruising, tho i do like to hear my exhaust sometimes.

Perry
16-11-2012, 04:29 PM
60km I stay on 5th 70km + ill stay on 6th.

Perry
16-11-2012, 04:30 PM
i was gonna buy it on the day went to pick up some piping for our 180 project car =[ but i didnt get paid on time so sad

yeah i understand where your coming from, im running only 0.5 less in width

Need to check out your car next time I see ya.

Icebox
16-11-2012, 04:37 PM

60kms stay on 5th, 70+ 6th my exhaust drones a little but then again, my cars freaking loud~ lol

Need to check out your car next time I see ya.

sure, ive had a lot of stuff done to the car since the last time we meet at BYP HQ

bennjamin
16-11-2012, 04:47 PM

Actually , it depends if it's PLUS or MINUS I front of the mm number measurement !

butterfingers
16-11-2012, 05:29 PM
All good Then I was afraid I might have been lugging the motor gearing up too soon

Lukezen27
16-11-2012, 05:43 PM

Ta

I always get em the wrong way round no matter how hard I try to remember lol

Lukezen27
18-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Hows the sizing work with HUN CENTRIC RING?

Edit

Worked it out :)

doosra
18-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Picked up some Weds Sport SA90's today for dirt cheap and have now got them on the ep3! 17 x 8, +35 offset. With my current height, there's some scrub on the rears when turning sharp or bumps in the road but not too bad with one person in the car

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6472/20121118165948.jpg (http://img689.imageshack.us/i/20121118165948.jpg/)

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8895/20121118170033.jpg (http://img441.imageshack.us/i/20121118170033.jpg/)

UNA91
18-11-2012, 07:37 PM
^Wedsports <3 I recently got the SA-70, have you rolled your rear guards?

doosra
18-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Yeah guards are rolled but I think it's actually hitting on the rear plastic bumper rather than the guard

dnapol
18-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Just get a heat gun and a knife and slice the extra plastic overhang from the bumper off. I did that and it came off like butter haha

Perry
18-11-2012, 08:32 PM
nice buy!!!

doosra
18-11-2012, 08:58 PM
nice buy!!!

Got lucky, picked em up for only $600 :)

ADS15
18-11-2012, 09:24 PM

Woah what?!.. Niceee

doosra
18-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Just get a heat gun and a knife and slice the extra plastic overhang from the bumper off. I did that and it came off like butter haha

I might just try that when I get some time. Would a knife do it though?

dnapol
18-11-2012, 11:15 PM
I might just try that when I get some time. Would a knife do it though?

knife WITH a heat gun. just heat up the area. even a hairdryer. its actually a really soft plastic. Shouldnt be too bad. Sharp knife + heat = butter plastic :)

phillay
19-11-2012, 09:31 AM
anyone thinking of selling their CAI?>

I love my ep3, only had it for 2 weeks but its such a complete package.

I usually change cars every 6 - 10mths, just to drive different cars that I liked when I was a young kid. I think I might just buy an additional car next year rather than selling the ep3..

threesix
19-11-2012, 09:38 AM
6-10 months!?!?! you a d-boy or something??????

phillay
19-11-2012, 09:46 AM
what's d-boy? I just wanna sample all the 90's and early 2000 japanese sports cars because they are getting old so they aren't expensive. I buy them and drive them for a bit then sell them at the same price or at a slight loss.

butterfingers
19-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Dafuq. How do you live like that. I just get what I like and stick with that

threesix
19-11-2012, 09:49 AM
d-boy = dope boy = drug dealer.

brody
19-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Has anyone replaced their timing chain/tensioner before? Got my 100k coming up in a few weeks, just gunna change both anyway. Any tips suggestions for the install? And if anyone, where did you get one from. Found a few around offerent places in the US.. but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)

phillay
19-11-2012, 09:54 AM
oh lol, nar I work in the office (I'm in my 30's so I've been working for a while). my work pays ok compared to what the old japanese cars I buy cost.

I do have a car that I keep for a long time, my wife drives that.. and also a project car that would never be finished and it's becoming a money pit.

Always wanted a type R of some kind but never got one until now..

Icebox
19-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Has anyone replaced their timing chain/tensioner before? Got my 100k coming up in a few weeks, just gunna change both anyway. Any tips suggestions for the install? And if anyone, where did you get one from. Found a few around offerent places in the US.. but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)

i dont think you would need to replace the chain from what ive been told.

but from what ive been told from a few people, steer clear from the toda one as its apparently identical to oem but with a price tag on top. ive heard a lot of good reviews and opinions of the Skunk2 and Hybrid racing ones so you might wanna get those ones instead if your gonna replace the tensioner just my personal opinion.

brody
19-11-2012, 10:38 AM
i dont think you would need to replace the chain from what ive been told.

but from what ive been told from a few people, steer clear from the toda one as its apparently identical to oem but with a price tag on top. ive heard a lot of good reviews and opinions of the Skunk2 and Hybrid racing ones so you might wanna get those ones instead if your gonna replace the tensioner just my personal opinion.

Yeh seen that haha. Ah righto thanks for that:) will look into it.

bennjamin
19-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Yeh seen that haha. Ah righto thanks for that:) will look into it.

replace tensioner @100k - grab a oem one from oemacuraparts.com or similar...
Install is easy.

Lukezen27
19-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Picked up some Weds Sport SA90's today for dirt cheap and have now got them on the ep3! 17 x 8, +35 offset. With my current height, there's some scrub on the rears when turning sharp or bumps in the road but not too bad with one person in the car

How did your guards come out? smooth or a bit crap

Mine are not the best lol

Shouild be an eazy fix as there is not paint cracking

doosra
19-11-2012, 01:10 PM
guards turned out fine..

DreadAngel
19-11-2012, 03:25 PM

Man you're lucky!

Weds are notoriously expensive new... [Think upper range of Works and Rays and you'll get the idea] But Australia doesn't regard them as highly as Japan so they tend to be rare and not easy to sell hence have to drop the price hard...

doosra
19-11-2012, 03:29 PM
i know, got real lucky. I got it off gumtree and surprisingly no one bought them because they were posted over a month ago. I had to drive close to newcastle to get them though, but well worth it. He advertised for $900 and I offered $600 :)

Symphorced
19-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Man you're lucky!

Weds are notoriously expensive new... [Think upper range of Works and Rays and you'll get the idea] But Australia doesn't regard them as highly as Japan so they tend to be rare and not easy to sell hence have to drop the price hard...

Upper Works and upper Rays wheels are two different price brackets lol. Brand new, Rays are valued a lot higher.

DreadAngel
19-11-2012, 06:23 PM
My bad, was thinking SSR ><

UNA91
19-11-2012, 06:28 PM
i know, got real lucky. I got it off gumtree and surprisingly no one bought them because they were posted over a month ago. I had to drive close to newcastle to get them though, but well worth it. He advertised for $900 and I offered $600 :)

Nice steal! Those were the ones I was gonna get, but there was also the SA-70 (also $900) for sale at the time and got that one instead.

doosra
19-11-2012, 06:35 PM
I saw sa70's somewhere but don't remember seeing them for 900. I really love these sa90. They are perfect for the car. Post up some picks of your car

UNA91
19-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Finally got the car running again, how i've missed it lol.

http://imageshack.us/a/img845/2788/sa70.jpg

The paint on the wheels isnt in the best condition right now since i had to resort to wet sanding the brake dust that even the strongest acid wheel cleaner wouldn't touch; some parts have been sanded right down to the primer. So now i'm after some touch up paint or a similar paint code that matches the weds bronze colour. It's a little different to works/rays bronze since theirs is a little darker. Been experimenting with diff types of bronze from off the shelve paints and yet to find one that matches closely, so if you find anything lemme know lol.

Perry
19-11-2012, 07:22 PM
So lucky you guys find cheap wheels.

doosra
19-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Una91 - did you install those side indicators yourself? Mine are ugly looking circle ones.

Anyone know where I can get it and I assume it's easy to install with 3m tape?

bluey45
19-11-2012, 07:41 PM
At least you guys can afford them wheels :(

UNA91
19-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Una91 - did you install those side indicators yourself? Mine are ugly looking circle ones.

Anyone know where I can get it and I assume it's easy to install with 3m tape?

Nope, car came like that, i thought they were stock? :S

unless you're talking about the front foglights? I installed those, They're just universal foglights i got online and put yellow tint since i can't fit oem ones with the mugen lip unless I do some cutting. And yea they're held by some strong double sided tape, don't really like drilling the car lol

-JC-
19-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Finally got the car running again, how i've missed it lol.

The paint on the wheels isnt in the best condition right now since i had to resort to wet sanding the brake dust that even the strongest acid wheel cleaner wouldn't touch; some parts have been sanded right down to the primer. So now i'm after some touch up paint or a similar paint code that matches the weds bronze colour. It's a little different to works/rays bronze since theirs is a little darker. Been experimenting with diff types of bronze from off the shelve paints and yet to find one that matches closely, so if you find anything lemme know lol.

I'm in love with the rims mate, absolutely fantastic choice, suits the car well. I very nearly bought a set of these for my Corolla when they released the 'C-One Special Edition' (translation = had a red ring around the lip instead of a blue one) but I ended up grabbing a set of Rays G-Games 77m as Yonas had them much cheaper at the time.

Re: The paint, have you considered taking a rim into a decent paint shop and having them scan the colour? I know most decent places that supply paint now actually have a scanner that should be able to scan and match the paint? Worth an ask anyway I would think.

doosra
19-11-2012, 08:12 PM
if you look at my photo of my car, the blinker on the side of the car is a little circle... anyone else know how i can replace these?

-JC-
19-11-2012, 08:34 PM
if you look at my photo of my car, the blinker on the side of the car is a little circle... anyone else know how i can replace these?

IMG nipples? If you bought from IMG they will be the same as lots of us here. They aren't hard to replace, you will just have to source something with the same innards if you don't want to have to alter the holes in your guards to fit a different shaped housing.

Mine are staying until I can afford to have both guards re-finished without indicators (I prefer the stock look without them). A word of warning, if you bought your car from IMG, be prepared to find:

- Your guards will most likely be out of shape due to whichever clown that installs the blinkers @ IMG leaning too hard on the drill (coupla hundred to get the guards pulled back out and into their correct shape)
- The wiring for these things is spliced into the indicators in your headlights, so be very careful not to put too much pressure on it. It is also likely to fall out (the wiring) once you remove the inner guard, have a few zip ties on hand to fix it nice and safely inside your inner guard . . . just like the importer should have.

As far as replacing them, they pop out easy as, all you need to do is remove your inner guard (flat blade screwdriver will get you there from memory, its just clips, maybe some screws that you will need a phillips head for). I found it easier to take the wheel off as I'm more ample bodied than most. Once you have access to them from behind, its easy as . . . ok, that sounded a little weird, hopefully you get the idea.

bluey45
19-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Yep I have the same type of indicators as well. I like the look with the indicators, rather have the indicator integrated on the side mirrors like the euro.

doosra
19-11-2012, 08:50 PM
thanks jc, might try it when i get some time.. hmmmm to get a mugen style front lip or not.. anyone bought the ebay ones?

UNA91
19-11-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm in love with the rims mate, absolutely fantastic choice, suits the car well. I very nearly bought a set of these for my Corolla when they released the 'C-One Special Edition' (translation = had a red ring around the lip instead of a blue one) but I ended up grabbing a set of Rays G-Games 77m as Yonas had them much cheaper at the time.

Re: The paint, have you considered taking a rim into a decent paint shop and having them scan the colour? I know most decent places that supply paint now actually have a scanner that should be able to scan and match the paint? Worth an ask anyway I would think.

Thanks mate, will you be heading down to the downshift meet this Sunday arvo from the sunshine coast? It's been a while since i've been to one lol

thanks jc, might try it when i get some time.. hmmmm to get a mugen style front lip or not.. anyone bought the ebay ones?

The mugen lip will really bring out the front end of the car, it should have came like that from factory lol. It does make your front sit a little lower tho so if you're low you might find yourself nose diving alot lol. Another nice lip is the Walker Japan lip, which is pretty rare to find. The genuine one is made from fibreglass and covers the entire engine bay floor, which can be a pain when working on the car and you drop something down there lol

Perry
19-11-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm still thinking about a Mugen front end always liked it.

bluey45
19-11-2012, 10:29 PM

Yep same here.

DreadAngel
19-11-2012, 11:47 PM

My friend getting that =)

butterfingers
20-11-2012, 08:25 AM
goes well with the mugen grille.

Symphorced
20-11-2012, 09:26 AM
I had to sell my Mugen front lip after lowering my car. Couldn't get out of the driveway anymore...

Icebox
20-11-2012, 09:36 AM
At least you guys can afford them wheels :(

i know what you mean, i had to work 2 jobs to pay for my rays hahaha~ now i need to sell them =[

Perry
20-11-2012, 09:39 AM
i know what you mean, i had to work 2 jobs to pay for my rays hahaha~ now i need to sell them =[

Selling them already going for better ones?

Icebox
20-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Selling them already going for better ones?

yeah im probably going for something that sits flush dont know??

Perry
20-11-2012, 09:58 AM

Hrhrhr never ending story hey.

Perry
20-11-2012, 09:58 AM

Icebox
20-11-2012, 10:01 AM

lol yeah haha but its gonna be the last thing i wanna do, still need an quieter exhaust because of the mrs =[

UNA91
20-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Has anyone tried the Mtec Shifter springs? http://www.mtecind.com/store/

It's pretty much a shifter spring that has a stiffer spring rate than the oem one. I've been reading a few reviews and apparently there's a significant difference in shifter feel, makes it feel more solid and precise especially when used in conjucntion with a short shifter and solid shifter bushings. It's not too expensive (well it is for just two springs...) and easy to install. Thinking of getting some, anyone tried it?

doosra
20-11-2012, 10:54 AM
anyone interested in trying a replica mugen lip? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mugen-style-front-lip-splitter-for-Honda-Civic-01-03-ep-1-2-4-ep3-Type-R-/121015210435?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c2d1191c3

Postage for additional item is only an extra 10 GBP which means a saving on postage of about $30 if split between 2 so item should be about $175 each delivered.

UNA91
20-11-2012, 11:54 AM
I want the Mugen wing lol, but so damn expensive

ADS15
20-11-2012, 12:02 PM
hey UNA91 are those oem FL headlights? How difficult was the wiring?

bluey45
20-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I want the Mugen wing lol, but so damn expensive

I had the mugen wing lol. Didn't like it so sold it.

UNA91
20-11-2012, 12:18 PM
hey UNA91 are those oem FL headlights? How difficult was the wiring?

They're the EU3 Civic FL headlights (4 door verson ofr the ep3), previous owner which was my friend did it when he had it so no idea lol. Only difference from the FL EP3 is it doesn't use projectors

Damn, if only i knew you were selling :(

Icebox
20-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Has anyone tried the Mtec Shifter springs? http://www.mtecind.com/store/

It's pretty much a shifter spring that has a stiffer spring rate than the oem one. I've been reading a few reviews and apparently there's a significant difference in shifter feel, makes it feel more solid and precise especially when used in conjucntion with a short shifter and solid shifter bushings. It's not too expensive (well it is for just two springs...) and easy to install. Thinking of getting some, anyone tried it?

im actually getting this installed on saturday, haha i'll let you know on the difference

Perry
20-11-2012, 01:26 PM
WHere did u get it from?

bluey45
20-11-2012, 01:31 PM
WHere did u get it from?

Did you order it online from the site?

Icebox
20-11-2012, 01:35 PM
WHere did u get it from?

Did you order it online from the site?

im going in on Saturday to get it all done at BYP, as i need to get my shifter bushings changed regardless

their having an deal at the moment with the hybrid racing bushings ($135) so i just jumpped on it as it would still work out cheaper to get it from them then pay for both shipping costs at mtec and hybrid racing haha

Perry
20-11-2012, 01:42 PM
nice might see u there than, not coming to the meet than?

butterfingers
20-11-2012, 02:01 PM

dargh.

how much did u sell it for

bluey45
20-11-2012, 02:12 PM
dargh.

how much did u sell it for

Got some cash my way plus oem wing.

Icebox
20-11-2012, 02:15 PM
nice might see u there than, not coming to the meet than?

i didnt know there was a meet at all? i heard about Club ITR meet at lane cove but i dont know much of the details lol

butterfingers
20-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Got some cash my way plus oem wing.

lol i really really really wanted one.

was prepared to pay 1600 and wait 8 weeks for it

bluey45
20-11-2012, 02:59 PM

Lol. I can't remember how much I sold it for but I didn't like the look when I got the car so sold it lol.
Yeah it's quite hard to get lol.

Icebox
20-11-2012, 03:06 PM

why not just get a Seibon one? only reason that stop me from getting a the same style wing is that the rear wing removes the brake led that sits in the middle lol~ no one i know or from the ep3 euro forum has managed to get the led on the mugen wing, if i could get the led on i would have bought it in a heart beat lol~

butterfingers
20-11-2012, 03:09 PM
why not just get a Seibon one? only reason that stop me from getting a the same style wing is that the rear wing removes the brake led that sits in the middle lol~ no one i know or from the ep3 euro forum has managed to get the led on the mugen wing, if i could get the led on i would have bought it in a heart beat lol~

the seibon one requirtes some modification to fit jdm ep3r. they were built to fit the usdm ep3 si.

Perry
20-11-2012, 03:11 PM
the seibon one requirtes some modification to fit jdm ep3r. they were built to fit the usdm ep3 si.

The only problem you will face with Seibon is the middle bolt on the side wont line up, everything else fit.

bluey45
20-11-2012, 03:17 PM

Yep. I missed that middle brake light. Otherwise I would done what you did icebox.

butterfingers
20-11-2012, 03:27 PM
The only problem you will face with Seibon is the middle bolt on the side wont line up, everything else fit.

read on ephatch forums there was some minor differences in the ep3 si and the ep3r chassis that caused some mis alignment which qould require butchering and shit.

Perry
20-11-2012, 03:38 PM
read on ephatch forums there was some minor differences in the ep3 si and the ep3r chassis that caused some mis alignment which qould require butchering and shit.

They were referring to their model si not fitting probably from memory, our model is ok. I'm running a Seibon one on my car at the moment Victor helped me so that's how I know it fits apart from 2 bolt lining up.

butterfingers
20-11-2012, 03:45 PM
They were referring to their model si not fitting probably from memory, our model is ok. I'm running a Seibon one on my car at the moment Victor helped me so that's how I know it fits apart from 2 bolt lining up.

good news then, how much was the seibon one?

Icebox
20-11-2012, 03:48 PM

here you go:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SEIBON-02-05-Civic-Si-Carbon-Fiber-Spoiler-Wing-MG-EP3-/370328754326?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5639505896

i remember the shipping being way cheaper

Perry
20-11-2012, 03:53 PM

THey range from 600 +

butterfingers
20-11-2012, 04:12 PM
That's a lot cheaper than Mugen lol.

doosra
20-11-2012, 04:13 PM
anyone had or heard of experiences with the xforce twin loop exhaust: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLyh0zFtVxM

Doesn't sound all that bad.. actually the one on the clip is the obx brand, but most likely same shit right?

Lukezen27
20-11-2012, 04:29 PM
anyone had or heard of experiences with the xforce twin loop exhaust: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLyh0zFtVxM

Doesn't sound all that bad.. actually the one on the clip is the obx brand, but most likely same shit right?

Used to run one on my old EG5 Turbo

Works well and nice sound :)

doosra
20-11-2012, 04:30 PM
actually just ignore the above post, i really think i'm better off saving for the fujitsubo rm01.... i really think i'll end up getting headaches from loud exhaust.

Symphorced
20-11-2012, 05:45 PM
actually just ignore the above post, i really think i'm better off saving for the fujitsubo rm01.... i really think i'll end up getting headaches from loud exhaust.

Why not stick with the stock one? Save some money too...

dnapol
20-11-2012, 05:52 PM

Bought a buddy club spec 3 from symphorced and fitted it today. I now don't have ear drums or petrol in my tank

doosra
20-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Symphorced - that's the smart thing to do but I've got the mod bug lol. Can't help but look for something to do next on my car.

Symphorced
20-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Bought a buddy club spec 3 from symphorced and fitted it today. I now don't have ear drums or petrol in my tank

I warned you it would be loud LOL!

butterfingers
20-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Symphorced - that's the smart thing to do but I've got the mod bug lol. Can't help but look for something to do next on my car.

i was like you, up until a month ago.

then my wallet and bank account wanted its arsehole back

doosra
20-11-2012, 08:08 PM
i was like you, up until a month ago.

then my wallet and bank account wanted its arsehole back

Ahah, I think if anything, it'll be headers and exhaust and that's it but want to try to find them second hand to save some coin so will it'll probably take time. And maybe a beaks lower tie arm as it looks pretty cool :)

Perry
20-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Ahah, I think if anything, it'll be headers and exhaust and that's it but want to try to find them second hand to save some coin so will it'll probably take time. And maybe a beaks lower tie arm as it looks pretty cool :)

Than you will say intake and ECU =)

doosra
20-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Already have intake, but yes you are right, I did think ecu as well ahah

doosra
22-11-2012, 09:17 AM
hey guys, i've been reading on forums and people are saying that keeping the stock axel back exhaust and changing the midpipe will make it sound better but will still be fairly quiet.. any thoughts on this?

Perry
22-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Our stock b-pipe is very restrictive looks very small in diametre.

doosra
22-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Our stock b-pipe is very restrictive looks very small in diametre.

I assume your saying yes it would be worthwhile? I'm a bit noob

UNA91
22-11-2012, 10:57 AM

Worthwhile you want to keep the stock look, apparently the stock muffler is good for 300hp or something.

Icebox
22-11-2012, 10:58 AM

i think the diametre for our b-pipe is 56mm slightly bigger then the dc5r

doosra
22-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Worthwhile you want to keep the stock look, apparently the stock muffler is good for 300hp or something.

Sweet, will be purchasing a Megan Racing Midpipe from Vividracing. I found this clip on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=410IdyqnqAk

Nice and quiet on idle but nice noise when revved :)

doosra
22-11-2012, 11:16 AM
This is the one i'm going to purchase. http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/2002_Honda_Civic_megan-racing-midpipes-honda-civic-si-0205-p-71154.html

Perry
22-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Make sure if the exhaust from the si model fit as I wanted a nice exhaust from the states before the seller from USA said our b-pipe is different to their si model which I was thkning that was wired.

doosra
22-11-2012, 01:16 PM
I think you might be right Perry, one distributor replied to my email to say it doesn't fit. I've sent an email to Vivid to find out as I've already placed the order.

butterfingers
22-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Rm01-a

Perry
22-11-2012, 01:43 PM
I think you might be right Perry, one distributor replied to my email to say it doesn't fit. I've sent an email to Vivid to find out as I've already placed the order.

Let me know of the fitment please could be a just a light off due to both cars uses K20.

doosra
22-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Rm01-a

$330 vs $1400 for rm01a... i'm trying to control my spending :)

doosra
22-11-2012, 01:51 PM
I've just got another response from another distributor:

"The mid pipe we sell does not fit the CTR. The length of your header is different and the megan mid pipe will be too long. The Axle back will also probably have fitment issues. None of the US parts will fit unless you start from the header then add mid pipe and axle back."

Hopefully they cancel the order.

Guess I'll stick with stock for now.. dammit !

butterfingers
22-11-2012, 01:55 PM
$330 vs $1400 for rm01a... i'm trying to control my spending :)

1094 as quoted by jesse streeter. its well worth it

Icebox
22-11-2012, 03:43 PM
1094 as quoted by jesse streeter. its well worth it

or just get a custom b-pipe from Mr Haks he quoted $414 last time i was there to remove my stupid silencer on the spoon n1

butterfingers
22-11-2012, 03:45 PM
ive heard custom are good. how are they compared to brands like fujitsubo buddyclub and that

dw about bang for buck, just pound for pound quality, looks and sound

Lukezen27
22-11-2012, 03:50 PM
ive heard custom are good. how are they compared to brands like fujitsubo buddyclub and that

dw about bang for buck, just pound for pound quality, looks and sound

Mines all customer with kidder race header

140kw turned :)

doosra
22-11-2012, 05:33 PM
or just get a custom b-pipe from Mr Haks he quoted $414 last time i was there to remove my stupid silencer on the spoon n1

Who is mr haks? Any suggestions for good exhaust place near cabra/livo and how much should I expect to be paying including install?

Perry
22-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Who is mr haks? Any suggestions for good exhaust place near cabra/livo and how much should I expect to be paying including install?

Performance Exhaust at Northmead I believe.

Lukezen27
22-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Performance Exhaust at Northmead I believe.

Hax did mine :)

Icebox
22-11-2012, 06:09 PM

exactly what perry said his Haken from Performance exhaust Northmead top guy! and he know what his doing as well because he personally makes exhaust and mid pipes for honda and FD,

the guy himself owns 2 FDs from what i remember and made my mate's EF civic's b-pipe for like $150 bucks including muffler

so if you want something thats top notch but at a reasonable price should really hit him up because he knows his shit hahaha

and plus he made lukezen27's b-pipe and look at that smile he has lol :D

but me personally im gonna be getting the rmo1a because of the complaint i have from the mrs lol~

doosra
22-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Looks like I'll be getting my bpipe from him then.

joshep3
22-11-2012, 06:31 PM
engine parts for an ep3 please guys?

Symphorced
22-11-2012, 08:22 PM
engine parts for an ep3 please guys?

You'll need to be more specific on what you're after. Also, this is not the appropriate section to post such a request. Try the "Want to Buy" forum.

kenny07
23-11-2012, 07:21 AM
damn you guys.. all this exhaust talk and making me want to get an exhaust aswell now...

i only just got my header + hi-flow like 2 months ago...

!@##$#%$^&)+(%*$#

Icebox
23-11-2012, 07:34 AM
damn you guys.. all this exhaust talk and making me want to get an exhaust aswell now...

i only just got my header + hi-flow like 2 months ago...

!@##$#%$^&)+(%*$#

what headers are you running atm? assuming PLM or Toda? i need to get headers after the exhaust

doosra
23-11-2012, 07:46 AM
i called performance exhaust and they said that they don't recommend changing the mid pipe and to just change the axle back muffler to a magnaflow if i wanted the car to still be quiet but have a good sound when i give it.. $400 fitted. I asked how much for midpipe anyway if i do decide and they basically said that they don't recommend it so they won't do the job..

what do you think guys?

Lukezen27
23-11-2012, 07:51 AM
i called performance exhaust and they said that they don't recommend changing the mid pipe and to just change the axle back muffler to a magnaflow if i wanted the car to still be quiet but have a good sound when i give it.. $400 fitted. I asked how much for midpipe anyway if i do decide and they basically said that they don't recommend it so they won't do the job..

what do you think guys?
Any extra power is in the stock header replacement so if your only going for sound then go for it

butterfingers
23-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Any extra power is in the stock header replacement so if your only going for sound then go for it

how is that? so a cat back wont give you any gains over the stock one if youve got a good header?

doosra
23-11-2012, 08:47 AM
went to western mufflers, and xforce twin loop axle back for $360 installed.... decisions decisions decisions..

bennjamin
23-11-2012, 09:12 AM
how is that? so a cat back wont give you any gains over the stock one if youve got a good header?

Within reason - a cat-back will not gain any power ( unless. Tuned for it)
A header and hi flow cat will aid with power and will find the most gain in an exhaust system , regardless of car

UNA91
23-11-2012, 09:39 AM
the joys of modding NA cars lol, you really need to squeeze every bit of hp out. I myself want a header but I might have to hold off for a new exhaust since my mid pipe is in pretty bad condition.

kenny07
23-11-2012, 11:19 AM
what headers are you running atm? assuming PLM or Toda? i need to get headers after the exhaust

i got the PLM headers.. i really wanted the TODA headers until i saw the price for it....

well i wont be getting an exhaust anytime soon because im going to get a tailored fitted suit in decemeber! which will cost 1.5k easily! :D

dnapol
23-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Tried fitting my skunk2 mega power onto my ep3. Didn't fit. Damn American civics. How much would an exhaust shop charge to cut and re weld a section?

kenny07
23-11-2012, 11:22 AM
so if anyone see a guy in an EP3 with a really nice suit on.. then its most probably me! :D

Icebox
23-11-2012, 11:43 AM
i got the PLM headers.. i really wanted the TODA headers until i saw the price for it....

well i wont be getting an exhaust anytime soon because im going to get a tailored fitted suit in decemeber! which will cost 1.5k easily! :D

i was thinking of Toda as well~~ but PLM so bang for buck haha

but tailored suit ahaha driving around in a civic like a boss i see lol

bluey45
23-11-2012, 11:45 AM

Ah nice one Kenny. I'm looking at the plm headers too. Need some cash first lol.

Icebox
23-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Ah nice one Kenny. I'm looking at the plm headers too. Need some cash first lol.

if you do get headers you have to consider a hi-flow cat + defouler =[ meaning more $$$

doosra
23-11-2012, 12:40 PM
if you do get headers you have to consider a hi-flow cat + defouler =[ meaning more $$$

How much are we talking here?

Perry
23-11-2012, 12:51 PM
How much are we talking here?

BYP was selling them for 1K i think not fitted

Perry
23-11-2012, 12:54 PM
I want toda headers too but $$$