Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2011

HID/XEON ADR Question what is the kelvin limit?

Hello All,
    Just wondering if anyone knew the answer to this question... I was driving home this evening from north ryde was and blinded a few times by another dark grey euro with a HID upgrade the colour the HID's were almost a laser blue im assuming it was like a 8000k atleast I must admit looked fantastic!
    Im aware the ADR state you must have a self leveling system to keep the low beams from blinding drivers and headlight washers for whatever reason, but im assuming there must be a rule on what colour light or limit of kelvin your projecting out as well?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    It could have been just the normal headlights, but upgraded using those new blue type bulbs. ive seen quite a few cars with these on, and they are really really bright... some of them are substantially brigher than actual xenon headlights, which is a good thing and bad thing.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & CL9
    man i rekon the stock lux hids are heaps good for colour n brightness

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    i am not 100% sure about the rules in Australia, but the answer is YES in europe countries... still remember read an article on 100 of R34s inported to GBR has to dump their HID to halogen b/c their lighting systems are not legal.

HID definitely provides with the driver better visual capability on road... i also have HID on MDX.. but i will strongly suggest that after you put HID or even just different bulbs just to check the levelings before you drive... so you can avoid blings you may cause to other drivers...
    lets all keep up in that way

Member Array
    Car:
    VIP Nissan Cima
    Same thing as having blue LED washer nozzles. Blue lights are illegal because they immitate police and other emergency vehicles. Not sure on the exact limit, but i guess its up to the cop who pulls you over...

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    *Moving it to the Technical Section*
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    the best recommended kelvin rating for HID kits etc.. is probabaly 6000-6500k tops...

usually the 8000ks are quiet bluey... but u can get away with it.. at times..

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    4000K is pure white... 8000K it becomes blue.... 10000Ks... It turns purple....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I really think it depends what blubs are you using, they all come out different colours although they have the same K ratings.

I think Philips looks the best....

I think generally you will find factory cars will be between 4300-5000k as that's what is considered to be the optimal range yet there's people going up to 8000k and even higher. Check eBay out, there's as high as 10500k.

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    yeh oem hid cars come with 4300-4700k d2s bulbs.

Do you think the eyelids would be able to block off some of the beams by covering the top of the lens? Does it help to refine from blinding other drivers?